Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/205/130

Height: 5' 0"

Wink First day posting

I have been checking out what all is on this website and like what I've seen so I decided to register. Today is my first day posting.

I'm like everyone else - trying to find a way to get this weight off and keep it off for good. My joints hurt, I have terribly high blood pressure and I'm on 5 different meds to keep it down somewhat. I have injured my foot so I can't do any walking but prior to that I did walk 3-4 times a week and had finally worked up to walking for 30 minutes and walked a little over a mile. I had also been attending a toning class for an hour twice a week. I've tried Weight Watchers and after six months of losing and gaining the same 4 pounds I quit going. My family doctor says for someone my size I should only be taking in about 800 calories a day. He and I had quite the discussion about that because everything I've read says you shouldn't go under 1200 calories a day. My cardiologist says I don't need to go on a fancy or expensive diet, just watch how much I eat (portion control) and if it's in a bag, crunchy and tastes good to stay away from it so I've turned to the internet for guidance!
jasmine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

you would eat 800 calories a day if you wanted to weigh 80lbs....i would stick to 1100-1200 or maybe more...you have to exercise of corse. but you should get a second opinion...800 calories is far too little.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Jasmine and Welcome !!!!

Oh your gonna love it here, the support here is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine721 View Post
My family doctor says for someone my size I should only be taking in about 800 calories a day.
800 calories a day? maybe if you were 2 feet tall (I hope you slapped him lolol ). I'm so glad you are smarter than your doctor and that you already know you really shouldn't go below 1200 calories. YEAH YOU !!!!! Your cardiologist gave you good advice, eat smart, eat clean and move more.

Again WELCOME !!! to 3FC's

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote