Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Default New and motivated!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and I have to say that I'm so excited to have found such a great community. I've struggled with weight all my life, but have never felt comfortable talking to anyone in my life about it because they do not have the same issues with weight and eating. All of the weight loss experts say that you need a good support system to succeed, and so I always feel anxious about not having that. However, now that I've found this wonderful site, I have a great place to ask questions and talk about problems that will certainly come up! 3FC, where have you been all my life?!

A bit about me: I'm a grad student, and I'm going to Paris in September to teach English for a year--so I'm super excited about that, and motivated to get in shape!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #2  
Bye Bye Big Butt

S/C/G: 158/145/130

Height: 5'4

Hi paris,
I just joined also. I've been lurking around trying to find a home. Have you found a good place to fit into on the boards. How much are you trying to lose? How old are you?
MercerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #3  
Miss Hello Kitty! ^_^

S/C/G: 330/305/150

Height: 5'10"

I am new too! Welcome. ...Let's lose some baggage!
BMWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #4  

Hi Mercer,

I've just been checking them all out. I did notice they have some "sub" forums--maybe one of those would apply to you? I'm 26 years old, and I don't have a specific number goal at this point, but it is significant. Mostly, I just want to be healthier, and stop eating so much for no reason. I find that the only way for me to do it is write down what I'm eating and how many calories, fat, etc it is worth. I figure if I eat right and work out, the pounds will take care of themselves (although obviously, this is MUCH easier said than done!!)

How about you?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #5  
Bye Bye Big Butt

I have tried journaling also but I never could maintain it.

I started weight watchers while in college and got down to my perfect weight and maintained it until my wedding in 98. I was ok until having my daughter in 2002 and I gained 45 lbs. But I never got back to goal before having my son. So I need to get rid of this baby weight.
However, I don't know if it's considered baby weight if the baby is almost two
I will be 33 in November and I would love to be close to my goal by then.

I don't do weight watchers anymore, because I live too far out to go to meetings.
I have a good friend who just lost 30 something lbs on Jenny craig and she loves it. But I don't have the cash for that.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #6  
Bye Bye Big Butt

Hi, BMWGirl.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #7  

I had tried journaling before too, and could never keep up with it. I just stumbled upon a site that does it for you, and I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now. It's so much easier using the website, it calculates all the values for you, you just have to pick the food and the portion size. It also tells you how many calories you should have, as well as your daily intake of fat, carbs, protein, etc. It's called the daily plate, and I know it's not the only one out there (I've seen a few others on the forum here, I just don't remember the names).

I did WW in high school, and hated it, I actually gained weight! Of course, I didn't want to go, so I wasn't motivated at all (nothing against the program, I know it works for a lot of people, it just wasn't the time for me). Also, I hated being weighed by someone else and having my weight written down, as if I was getting a bad grade.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #8  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to all the newbies!! You have found the BEST forum on the web! I love it here! I'm positive you will too! As for where you fit in you will find a few you fit into. I don't just stay into the 20 sometings or the WW Flex or WW at home. When I get here I click new posts and read through them and if I see something that catches my eye and I want to post... I post... They don't reprimand you for posting in the 30 somethings if you're not 30 something... I'm on ww at home and have lost 21 pounds in 2 months and 2 weeks... i don't go to meetings or public weigh ins. I got the stuff on the internet and weigh in at my house in my own bathroom in my b-day suit to get the most accurate body weight possible. I do ww at home w/my best friend and we help each other with support and we weigh in on the same day. We kind of compete but we're really close so it's ok... she's lost 20 so far... i'm a pound ahead but it's all good fun!
Good luck to all of you!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote