Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  
PKG

S/C/G: 155/134/128

Height: 5'2"

Default No longer lurking :)

Hello!

I've been lurking here for a week browsing the forums. This is an incredible place because of the positive support for those looking to lose/maintain their weight and promote healthier eating habits and lifestyles. I generally don't post much on other forums as I am usually quite shy but I hope to be a regular and give support the way I've seen so many others here have.

About me...I've been a yo-yo dieter for quite some time, fluctuating up and down 20lbs. A large part of it has been from when I was around 12 years old I got criticized by my father (I hate to say it but culture is a big factor, as according to him most asian women should be, to him, 110 lbs or less) for being overweight. I also got criticized by my mother's friends for being overweight. Instead of eating food as a source of necessity I'd eat emotionally--whenever I felt angry, sad, or happy, or just purely out of boredom. I'd workout for 20 minutes on a stair climber or jump rope and would think that would justify me eating a bag of potato chips.

About 10 years ago I started going out with a wonderful man who is now my husband. He has never once commented on my weight in a negative way and always tells me how attractive and beautiful I am. I wasn't used to hearing that when I first went out with him. With his tremendous amount of support I've recently decided to lose the weight for myself and NOT for my father and (begrudgingly at first) am enjoying working out.

I've been learning to eat only until I'm satisfied (still have troubles, as I loooove to eat), NEVER eat out of boredom, and to eat my fruits and veggies as well as drinking a LOT of water. It was really difficult for me in the beginning (no cake? no brownies?) to eat a more "whole" diet because I love sweets but as I've been losing weight I like much more how I feel after eating this way.

Sooo, here I am. I enjoy reading all the posts and look forward to meeting everyone.
PKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Nice to see you come out of lurk-mode!

Sounds like you have been able to establish a strong foundation to weight-loss and happy-living.

Welcome!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #3  
Operator265

So glad to have you join in. I'm really glad to hear you have support at home. Keep coming back.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

glad you aren't lurking any more
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

for you . . . and for us, too -- so glad you are joining us, Chickie.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #6  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Welcome PKG! Glad you are here to be yourself and reshape your body for YOU! I'm sure you will find support here!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #7  
On a mission AGAIN!!!!

S/C/G: 251/248.4/199

Height: 5"6

!!!! Dont you feel so much better now?? Hope to see more of you!!
Michanaver is offline   Reply With Quote