Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #1  
Its time...

S/C/G: 270/270/220

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hello out there!

Hi, my name is Kay and I am 32 years old. I have always been over weight. Id say since I was about 3 years old it was evident. Ive gradually gained weight all my life and am now at 270lbs.

Im tired. My knees are tired, my back is tired and I have a 2 year old to keep up with, which is no easy task. I have no idea where to start but I thought an online community would be a good place to get some insight and some support.

huniebuniebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Kay!

I remember being tired, too.

We'd love to help support you on your way. How about you tell us about your plans? Do you have a food plan or an activity plan? Doesn't have to be anything major right now. Could just be small changes. Let us know!

You can do this!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #3  
Its time...

Thanks for the welcome!

As for my plans, right now Ive started to cut any and all fried foods. Ive started baking, broiling or grilling all our meats. Ive also added salads as sides to my meals and have started taking my son for walks in the evenings. My biggest problem is breads. Ive started using whole grain bread instead but would like to cut it out all together if posisble. Ive been doing this for about a week now and Im feeling better just knowing Ive made changes.

Im hoping to get better ideas from people to find what is right for me. Im not sure what that is yet.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC Kay!
I hope you'll stick around and keep posting to let us know how you're doing!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #5  
Operator265

The really great thing about starting now is that you will automatically be giving your young un' a good start for healthy eating while you begin your journey. Best of luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #7  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by huniebuniebaby View Post
Hi, my name is Kay and I am 32 years old. I have always been over weight. Id say since I was about 3 years old it was evident. Ive gradually gained weight all my life and am now at 270lbs.

Im tired. My knees are tired, my back is tired and I have a 2 year old to keep up with, which is no easy task. I have no idea where to start but I thought an online community would be a good place to get some insight and some support.

Hi Kay! Good for you for starting out on the right foot with your journey! I understand feeling too tierd to play with you 2 yr old. I have a 5 yr old and I feel guilty when I don't want to or can't run around the yard with him or whatever. I'm trying to lose weight for me - but also for him. Good luck!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #8  
Party Starter.

S/C/G: 200/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Kay!
I think you are off to a great start. Make some small changes now and you will see results. Find little ways to involve movement into your day (like the walks you are taking) and you will see results faster.
As far as the bread thing goes, I hear you on that one. Changing to wheat bread is a great idea. I have to focus on portion control, instead of two pieces of bread I will split one in half if I must have it. I will ask for no bread baskets at resteraunts because it is soooo easy to overdo it there. Open-faced sandwiches are actually pretty good, and it saves on a slice. If you make a lot of breaded foods when you cook, try experimenting with alternatives. Use less flour. I found just by doing these things I saw a difference.
Keep up the good work Kay. Even if you stumble, don't give up. One speed bump will not ruin the weight loss trip.
fromshantoslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #9  
Its time...

Thank you ladies so much for your support and advice! Im definitely going to need it! I started a food/weigh loss journal yesterday but its not online. I just want to be able to keep good records of my goals and where I am.

I went to see some of the Before/After posts and they really inspired me. I have decided to come back at least once a day and read at least one story to remind me that this is possible.

I really hope to get to know some of you better!