Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello

Hi, everyone,

I've been lurking for about 2 months and getting a lot out of reading the forums. Today, for instance, I wasn't going to go the gym because I'd already done some resistance training at home and I didn't feel like leaving the house, but reading a thread about running made me put on my sneakers and go do 3 miles on the treadmill.

I'm in my mid-forties and have gone up and down by about 75 lbs several times in the past 10 years. I'm an expert at losing weight -- but I've never gotten the hang of maintenance.

The biggest mistake I make, the one that starts my downward spiral, is that I stop logging my foods. And then I stop exercising. And then I just inflate.

This last time I regained, I pretty much made up my mind to get fat. I felt like I needed to become invisible for a while -- but now I'm ready to lose the weight again.

I've never been less than 145, but at 5'3", I now think that's too much for me. My goal this time is about 125-130, or size 6 jeans, whichever comes first.

I started this current bout of reduction on 3/19 at 210.6 lbs. Today, I am 196.6 -- 14 lbs gone through regular exercise and calorie counting.

So that's my story. Now I'm going to go post all over the site.

Nice to meet everyone!

YoYo

Started: 3/19/08
210.6/196.6/125
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:42 AM   #2  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

WELCOME!! Your sucess so far is awesome!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Wow i'm impressed. My story(just posted a new thread) is so different. I've read all sorts of books and been inspired briefly but the only way i've been successful at all has been thru exercise at Curves which i have trouble sticking with. I'm good at not making time for workouts 3x a week. Everything else manages to come first. I logged my food for several days last week and have dropped off. I need to get back with it, at the very least as a way of just becoming more consious of my habits. The careful measuring of portions and calorie counting and logging are three new behaviors that i just have to become patient about making into habits. I've become successful at bringing canvas bags to the grocery store for my shopping but it took months of forgetting to take them back to the car after using them and them back into the store to use them again before it finally just became part of how i do things. My hope is that since i managed to build that good habit that i can do the same w/eating and exercise. But that is so much easier than this and look how long it took, so.....i really have to be patient with myself.

By the way--welcome to you and congrats on your success so far.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

And congratulations on your impressive progress so far!

I have a similar problem with maintenance and I hope that with the support of this site I will be able not only to reach goal but this time to make the lifestyle changes permanent.

to us both!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote