Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  
Trying to lose weight

S/C/G: 301/298/120

Height: 5'3 and 3/4's

Smile new member here, HELLO ALL!

Hello all! My name is Joy. I'm new to any kind of weight loss community. I found this link from TPF (The Purse Forum). And I've read all kinds of wonderful weight loss stories. I'm excited and hoping that hanging around here will teach me things to lose weight.

I recently had surgery (my ovaries had dermoid cyst) so I've been staying home a lot. It restricts me from my normal exercise, and even walking around. I got cut from one side of my belly to the other (c-section style) because my tumors were really big. So I've been home a lot, a little over 3 weeks now. Thats why I found these forums, they're fun and entertain me most of the day.

Currently, I'm trying to stick to my hospital diet. I've been eatting South Beach/Lean Cuisines, a slice of wheat bread, fruit cups and a bottle of water. I do get bored with it. I've been eatting like this ever since I came home from the hospital. Not being able to exercise really sucks, because I do like to be active. So I put myself on this boring diet. I was excited at first I lost 4 lbs, but then I gained it back. I got bored, so I started to go away from it a little. But after I weighed myself today, I decided to go back on it! And get support from this great online community.

Losing weight has always been really hard for me. I'm the only girl in my family who is obese. Everyone is a size 1-5. They eat a lot because we're a Filipino family, but I guess I didn't get the high metabolism gene. So it's kinda lonely being the only big girl. It makes me feel self-concious all the time. I've yo-yo dieted ever since I can remember. I was a big girl back when I was a kid too. It can be hard at times, but it doesn't stop me from trying to do things like running a half marathon, or swimming with dolpins, snow boarding (I really suck at it) and boogie boarding (I LOVE IT!). So yeah, thats just a little bit about me.
kjoyiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello Joy and Welcome to 3FC!

I am sorry to hear all you have been going through it's hard enough to change to a healthy lifestyle when life seem like it's on the right track much less when life is in an uproar.

Stick with it best you can and much success to ya. Keep posting as it is a great motivator.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #3  
Trying to lose weight

S/C/G: 301/298/120

Height: 5'3 and 3/4's

Thank you for your support GonnaBe165! I see that you've lost 15lbs. Congratz! What are you currently doing? Maybe I can do that too so that I can start losing weight.
kjoyiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #4  
Taking Care of Me

S/C/G: 252/221/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to the forum!
I sympathize with what your going through, I had a hysterectomy last June. It takes a while to get over such an invasive surgery but you'll be back on the move before you know it.
There are many different diets to choose from and most with a corresponding group. Keep reading and researching, hopefully you'll find the right one to fit you. The same with exercise, so many options to choose from. Some of them are so much fun it doesn't even feel like exercise.
Personally I am a calorie counter. Calories in vs calories out! I live my life by that rule now. That and knowing my triggers. For exercise I do a lot of water aerobics. It is kind to my joints while I am still so heavy, and I love the water.
I wish you the best on your journey, keep us posted.

Last edited by chay; 05-13-2008 at 06:21 PM.
chay is offline   Reply With Quote