Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161.2/160.3/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Hello from New Jersey!

Hello! My name is Samantha, and I'm glad to have found this site. I've been looking for a place to find some support, ideas, and inspiration as I try to regain some control over my weight and fitness.

About 4 years ago, I successfully lost 40 pounds on WW. I couldn't believe how well it worked for me, or how quickly I lost the weight. I kept it off for about 3 years. Then last year, it started creeping back. I just got lazy in my eating habits. (I've never been a big exerciser, and actually lost all the weight without exercising. Go figure...) I miss feeling good about my body, and really miss looking good in my clothes. I finally admitted to myself that I need the next size up in pants, and it's just killing me, because I'd promised myself that I'd never go back in that direction. But here I am...

I've been trying to be better about exercising, and am getting up most work days at 5:30 to work out in the mornings. I just found the Couch to 5K program, and am going to start it tomorrow morning. I'm also really making a conscious effort to be better about what I'm eating. I've tried to return to WW a few times, but just haven't been as motivated as I was the first time - I don't know why. But I'm trying to get back into some good habits before the summer and see how I do!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

--Samantha
Sami423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #2  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I think you will like this site. Lots of support and inspiration. Good luck with your goals....
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/0/154

Height: 5.4

Hi,

I have just read your email and I know how you feel believe me. Ive just joined the site.

Just wondering about the Couch to 5k program you talk about. Is this something you sign up for and pay? I have just began starting to walk alot more but wonder if this may help shed some of the weight alot quicker. Ive wanted to run in the past but just couldnt with weight and smoking but ive been given up the cigs for 10 months now and trying to lose the weight ive put on and the rest because of it.

Would be good to hear from you.

Debsx
debblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Samantha!
Congratulations for not waiting until you'd gained it all back before taking control! You will get it off again, and we're all here to help.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

from 1 JerseyGyrl to another!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 161.2/160.3/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi! Just got back from a nutty day at work, and saw all of your replies. Thank you for the warm welcome! I feel really pumped up about everything... and ready to tackle my challenge!

Debsx, the Couch to 5K program is a training plan to help you start to run. The goal is to be able to run 5K in about 9 weeks. I can't post links yet, but if you do a search for "couch to 5K" you should be able to find it. I've never been able to run (not even when I was a kid), and I'm still not sure it's for me (my body seems to have problems cooling itself and that can lead to MASSIVE headaches!), but I'm going to give it a try. I'd really like to get to the point where I can do some running with my husband (who lost 20+ pounds in the last year by basically just running), so I figure that's a good inspiration!

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes!!!

--Samantha
Sami423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi Sam,

Nice to hear from you, and welcome to 3FC. Congrats on starting to exercise. Maybe you won't need the WW at all!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote