Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/224/150

Default Hello! New Weight Watcher Here!

Hi everyone! Nice to find this community. Usually I lurk on boards, but I thought I should do things differently this time!

I lost about 75 pounds on Jenny Craig about 8 years ago. It completely changed my life and I learned to love exercise and eating healthy.

Somewhere along the way I got lost and gained a lot of my weight back. Fifty pounds, actually. I stopped the exercise and the healthy eating, and even BEGAN smoking.

Well, I have kicked the smoking (3 months and counting) and the exercise and eating healthy is back. I started Weight Watchers last week and my first weigh in is tomorrow.

So far, so good. I still have a lot to learn though. I had two pieces of pizza yesterday and it ate up almost half my points for the day. Maybe next time I should check my points BEFORE eating! However, week before last I think I ate almost a whole pizza by myself so it is progress to stop at two pieces. BABY STEPS!

I have already checked out the boards here and now have a grocery list a mile long! GREAT IDEAS EVERYWHERE! Anyway, I look forward to learning from all of you.
coffeegirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #2  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

HI and WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! You picked an AWESOME place to start, The people here are great to work with and whenever you have a bad day or are starting to just turn here for people to help you through it...
If you ever wanna talk this is the place to do it.
I am glad to see you reconize what your problems are and that you are trying to fix them. baby steps are the first steps to big steps and soon WW will be so easy for you to follow and remember..
Good Luck and let us know how you do

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 321.8/261/164

Height: 5'7"

Hi coffeegirl. I'm going WW too. Glad to meet ya! If you ever want to eat pizza again, try having just cheese or perhaps a cheese and veggies slice (thin crust). Have a salad with it (ff dressing or lite). I heard that is a better choice. You might even be able to swing 2 slices that way. Someone also mentioned that you can soak up some of the oil on top by laying a clean napkin on top for a moment, although that wont' change the points. But it's good to think healthy at all times. Good luck with getting back to your healthy routines.

Last edited by thesusanone; 05-05-2008 at 01:43 AM.
thesusanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/247/215

Height: 6'2"

Never tried WW, I seem kinda shy'ed away from it because I'm a guy. It kinda emits a female aura for some reason (maybe because of the commercials haha)
zacharoni16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #5  
from flab to fab

S/C/G: 177/170/135

Height: 5'2ish

I'm pretty new here myself! I'm also doing WW and so far I'm loving it!!!
missjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 PM   #7  

zacharoni16 - There were several men at my first meeting! I think you would be pleasantly surprised, especially if you go to an evening meeting.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/143/140

Height: 5'7"

WTG On the smoking AND WW!!!! YOu can do it!!!! I quit 2 and a half years ago and I never regretted it. You will be so happy as the months go on.
violettfem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Welcome, Coffeegirl! I just started on WW on April 8, and I really like it so far. I was inspired by my younger sister who has struggled with her weight since puberty (she's 32). She had great success with Jenny Craig back in about '98, but as time, and having kids, went on, she gained weight back.

Since about January she's probably lost close to 25 lbs doing Weight Watchers with her hubby, without even going to meetings. They've just been following the Flex plan on their own.

I'm loving coming to chat with the members here, and hope you have the same experience!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharoni16 View Post
Never tried WW, I seem kinda shy'ed away from it because I'm a guy. It kinda emits a female aura for some reason (maybe because of the commercials haha)
I can understand that...though it is of course open to all! I think it varies with each location/region. At the one meeting I went to, it was all women. But I know other meetings in other locations have men in attendance.

You could always check it out and see... Or you could go with Weight Watchers Online or Weight Watchers At-Home. I think it's a great program, and if there is one thing I know, WW is tried and true.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #11  

Weighed in tonight. 4 lbs this week! I am on my way! Thank you again for all the welcomes!