Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #1  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Unhappy Newbie looking for a challenge

Hi, my name is Melissa. I am a 26 year old mother of 2 girls, Acacia Snow (7) & Ashlynd Skye (4), from Illinois. I've been over-weight pretty much for as long as I can remember. I'm 5'10" now in a size 20, this is definetly the biggest I've ever been & it's down right embarassing.

It's really a bad time to be embarassed considering I'm working on a home business I began in January as a location photographer specializing in pregnancy & newborns. It's exciting so far & business is starting to pick up. Now I just need to get comfortable in my own skin, again.

I've noticed on past threads how some people have started challenges for each other. Well that would be what I'm looking for now, a challenge. If anyone knows about any challenges or if someone could point me in ANY direction I would appreciate it. I'm terrible at doing things on my own & could use all the help I could get.

I began my "adventure in weight loss" on April 7 and have lost about 7lbs so far. My main goal is to lose 80lbs with my mini goals being about 10 lbs a month, I know I can do it, I just need a push every now & then.

Thanks!
ASHmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #2  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Welcome, Melissa!

You should check out the Chicks Up For a Challenge subforum in the support group forum.

Congrats on your success so far (in weight loss and your new business)!

I go to school in Galesburg. Are you as glad as I am that the weather is FINALLY spring-like?
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
Maggie

S/C/G: 245/234/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi ASHmomma, I am new here today, too. Although you were born a year after I graduated high school we still have a few things in common. I am a photographer as well, although just beginning. I weigh 234 and am 5'6". I would like to lose about 90 pounds. Anyway, good for you for starting and don't give up! I think I might check out the challenge page as well, sounds like a good idea. If you need encouragement, I can help with that! (Just as soon as I figure out how all this stuff works! Have a great first day!
maggiemay524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:37 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . . . . glad to have you joining us . . . this is a really big site so have a good look around and I'm sure you'll find a few places to fit right in.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

WELCOME! I've only been here a few days but I love it already!

Random question.... is Acacia Snow's middle name actually Snow?!
[I ask because my middle name IS Snow and other than my mom having that middle name I've never come across anyone else with it!]

You'll find plenty of challenges around here! Welcome to the next chapter of your life!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #6  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Well Hello & thanks for the welcome!

Just keep swimming, nice to see someone from near by; God yes I'm excited about change of weather. Thanks for tell me about that forum, I'll probably go check it out shortly.

Maggie, I'm really just beginning in photography as well. I could use all the encouragment I could get!

Feral, Yep my oldest daughters middle name is Snow, she was born the day of the first snow fall around here.

So far I'm doing well; I've reached my first mini-goal for a 10# weight loss in April.
ASHmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #7  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Congrats on achieving your first mini-goal!!!!

And that is so cool! Like I said, I've never met anyone else with that middle name. I hated it growing up, but now I think it's really cool.

If my mom didn't use Snow as the name everyone called her I would've probably been called by that just because its so unique. Too confusing with TWO snows in the house though!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

Height: 5'7"

Smile Welcome!

I'm new also! I didn't even think about trying to challenge myself to lose weight. What a great idea. Congratulations on the loss you've had so far. I'll probably join in on the challenge threads. Hope to see you there.
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote