Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Smile Later Never Exists

Hi, I'm Feral. I'm 24 years old and from NC. I stumbled across this forum and its like a breath of fresh air! I have always struggled with my weight and definitely suffer from emotional eating (I inherited that from my father - thanks dad!) I have tried different diets, Atkins had the biggest results but once I started adding carbs back into my diet I packed on the pounds as quickly as I lost them.

My goal is to lose 56 pounds. Like the rest of you, I'm just fed and and as the title of my post says "later never exists." Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life and I'm tired of making broken promises of tomorrow, next Monday, next whenever....

I'm starting to get into a new exercise regimen (including yoga) and am definitely looking for some accountability support!

This forum seems AWESOME! Its so great to have a support system!

Please feel free to say hello!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #2  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi Feral,
I'm glad you 'stumbled' onto this site, I've been coming here at least once a day for about a month, and I've been able to lose and keep it off.... There is a lot of support and inspiration here... Good Luck to you....
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Feral!
I agree-- this is a great site for support and advice.
I've been coming here for about a month as well. There are so many wonderful forums (there is a 20 something forum you might want to check out), so look around and settle in.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.5/219.5/180

Height: 6 foot

Hey there Feral,

Welcome to one of the best sites around!!! I have also been here about a month and have already lost 10lbs and found some new friends. I have to say, that I have lost weight many times before, but this is the first time I have maintained a high level of motivation throughout. I check in here a few times a day and when I am having a bad day, I can vent about it on here to people who truly understand what I am going through. And I can see people who have been through it and made it to the other side!! I Truly LOVE this site and welcome you with open arms,......You're gonna love it!!!

Good luck...I'm sure I'll be seeing ya around!

-Melissa
BabyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Feral!
I love the title of your thread. I'd like to have that branded across the back of my hands.
Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #6  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey feral! We have very similar stats, except that I have massive hips and breasts so at 135 I look like I'm about to die - 140-145 is just right for me. But I thought 135 would be perfect when I started too. I was down to 140 then climbed back up to 155, working on getting down again. I know you can do it! Are you following a specific plan?
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/163.0/150

Height: 5'9

i agree with everyone. this site is great
jean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #8  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #9  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Thanks so much! I feel the love already!

I love that quote! It's so true... later doesn't really exist... you're never guaranteed tomorrow and I don't want to be buried in my "fat girl pants!"

As for a specific plan, I'm not following one yet. For the moment I'm just trying to eat sensibly, watch portion control and drink more water. I never ever ever drink enough water. Unfortunately I never have, so I'm sure cutting back on the sodas (Dr. Pepper is my vice!) will do more good than I think it will!!!!

Any suggestions? As I mentioned before, I've tried Atkins. The weight came off wonderfully, but it climbed back on just ask quickly as slid off!!!

Improbable - you're probably right. In my head I think 135 is "ideal," but I'm sure that I'll find if I get down to that I'll look icky. I too have big boobs and hips that could go for days. My mom has always told me, "Honey,it doesn't matter what you do, you're still gonna have your boobs and your hips!" But, I can change my goal along the way if I feel like its going to be a little too much! Congrats on the weight loss so far!

Thank you all for your encouragement! I can't wait to become more "aquainted" with you all!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Feral!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi FERAL . . . glad to have you with us, Chickie . . . take a look at the South Beach and the Sugar Busters areas in Diet Central -- both stress good lower carbs rather than as low as Atkins carbs -- might be just the compromise level your body is looking for.

Last edited by meowee; 04-23-2008 at 05:20 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi all, I am a newbie. A friend told me about this group. My name is Pat. I am 58 years young. I like the quote later never comes. I need help losing 55 pounds. I am soooooooooo sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I am tired of my knees and back aching all the time. I need a stick of tnt to help me get going on a nutritious and healthy eating plan. I don't like the word diet per say, it is like die. I need an eating plan and lots of accountability. I have bad days when I need a shoulder to vent my frustration. Exercise isn't as big a problem as the eating. I can be an emotional eater, grabbing sugary things for a quick fix. Does't work, but doesn't stop me from doing it. Can you kind people guide me to a forum that can help me? I appreciate all the help you can offer me. Thank you all Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/268/175

Height: 6'1"

Feral, Hi !
I don't want to be buried in fat girl pants either...

lol.
Czarria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi all, I am a newbie. A friend told me about this group. My name is Pat. I am 58 years young. I like the quote later never comes. I need help losing 55 pounds. I am soooooooooo sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I am tired of my knees and back aching all the time. I need a stick of tnt to help me get going on a nutritious and healthy eating plan. I don't like the word diet per say, it is like die. I need an eating plan and lots of accountability. I have bad days when I need a shoulder to vent my frustration. Exercise isn't as big a problem as the eating. I can be an emotional eater, grabbing sugary things for a quick fix. Does't work, but doesn't stop me from doing it. Can you kind people guide me to a forum that can help me? I appreciate all the help you can offer me. Thank you all Pat
Pat, it sounds like you need to make some small changes in your life. Sometimes "a whole new lifestyle thing" can be too overwhelming. Trying to commit all at once to a diet and exercise plan can be a setup for failure.
Why not make a few small changes to your lifestyle? Replace one food with something healthier. Consume a little less of something than you usually do. Even committing to a 10 minute walk a day is 10 minutes more than many of us do now.
One summer I committed to eating a small bag of Doritos every day instead of a large bag. A lot of people said, "You should cut them out completely." Easier said than done. But I lost over 20 pounds that summer. It was a small change that made a huge difference. It was something that I could commit to. It was doable.
Hang in there and don't get frustrated. You're not alone.

Jaded Ladies is a great group:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112
The exercise forum is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
You can find some good healthy meal ideas here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 296/295/250

Height: 5'7"

Default The quote to end all quotes!

Welcome, I'm a newb also, my name is Echo and I'm trying to get acquainted with everyone also. I know from personal experience that later never comes. I think thats why I always plan to start everything later. I need to jump on board the weight loss boat and throw my plans for "later" away and start today!
xonlywishesx is offline   Reply With Quote