Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #1  
Newlywedfattie

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hello

Hello everyone!

This the first time that I have joined any type of online community, so I am really green. I am however, looking for people who are battling with their weight to chat with and find some inspiration from.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Frances; I'm 46 years old and live in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona. I was thin until I reached 18 and have been up and down ever since. Ever since I met (almost 2 years ago) and married my husband (8 months) I have been gaining approximately 1 lb per week. I will gain 1 loose 2 gain 1, etc. I lost 40 lbs about 2 ½ years ago but have gained it all back but I am determined that I beat this yo-yoing once and for all. My homeopath told me that I have a thyroid problem but I can never remember to take the medication and frankly I would love to achieve my weight loss without it. So if anyone has ANY ideas I am open to them.

I am following the Weight Watcher’s Flex Plan to help me with my struggle. Oh did I mention that I am ADDICTED TO SUGAR!!!! I am working on taming this addiction it but it is difficult. If anyone has any ideas I would welcome them. I know what to do and read every health article I can find about weight and its affects on the body but am having a hard time getting on the wagon and doing what is right.

So basically I am asking for moral support and some sociable dialogue. And I'd certainly love to offer the same to anyone who responds.

Thanks!
fsolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i am on ww flex plan too! good luck to you!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Fsolo1!

You might want to check out the Dieting with Obstacles area. Then there's the 40-something's group. Also, I'm a WWer too!!! There's a Weight Watchers area under Diet Central. Come check that area out, and the WW Flex section, too!

We're all here to help support eachother!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #4  
Newlywedfattie

Thanks for replying and thanks for the encouragement and information. It will surely come in handy.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #5  
Newlywedfattie

Thanks. How long have you been on WW? How do you like it and do you go to meetings?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #6  
Newlywedfattie

thanks for replying. How long have you been on WW? How is it working for you? Do you attend meetings?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Fsolo - I've been using WW for almost a year now. So far I've lost 87 lbs. I do go to meetings each & every week. I enjoy the program. It's flexible, but has definitely taught me a ton about portions and nutrition. I'm honestly looking forward to losing the rest of my weight while doing WW
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/200/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Welcome

Welcome to 3FC. I too joined just about a week ago. I love all of the information here to keep me on the straight and narrow. Before I started my new way of life of eating (currently on the Sugar Busters Diet) I just had to have my sweets at night. Now, my cravings are gone and I don't even think about eating anything off of my plan. I keep reading and get more and more determined each day. My energy is great now and I seem to be loses inches instead of lbs. I will take anything. Anyway, keep it up and you won't regret all of the hard work when you realize that the pounds are melting away.
KatfromCal is offline   Reply With Quote