Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #1  
CrisV.

Smile Gonna eat the dog

Hi - I'm Cris. Second day on Optifast. I'm still supposed to be excited and motivated, right? So why is my dog looking so delicious right now?? Has anyone survived this? I will do it because I'm stubborn, but it's about to kill me! I'm looking to meet up with some pals that understand! I'm 37, have two great kids, 8 and 11 months, and a wonderful husband. Oh, and that delicious-looking dog. I'm a teacher with no spare time, but I need some support to lose this weight! I've had lap band, bypass, done all the diets, and here I am again. How can anyone fail at stupid bypass surgery??? That's me!!
CrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Chris!

What kind of dog are we talkin'?

You're not the only one here who's starting over. Think of it as a learning experience. (yes, I know what you're thinking. )
And no, you don't have to be excited and motivated. Those days are over for me where weight loss is concerned. You just have to do it. And you can.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Lol!!!

I'm sorry but couldn't resist chiming in!! I was on a three week full liquid and by the time it was over I had eaten a table leg and one of my grandchildren's arms. LOL!!!! You can do it, but I don't envy you!!!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Sorry for butting in but your post has made me laugh so much, I know where you are coming from!! You can do this, just put the dog outside!! LOL!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #5  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

OMG .. yes... dogs are truely delicous.. the only problem really is the children.. If you ate there dog they would be very upset.. My kids wouldnt let me eat the dog.. Even though at night when he barks i think of 100 different way to kill him b4 i boil him up.. i have managed to resist....

HAHAHAHA what a crack up.. Im sos sorry the past efforts have all been to no avail.. I hope you can learn good nutrition.. and then have the weight stay off for good . We have all had diets and things that have failed so your not alone..
I did seea show once about the surgery failing becuase the poeple were learning what to eat.. there was one lady that blitzed up a packet of potato crisps,, becuase she was on an all liquid diet after surgery..and drunk them down.... im just like.. omg .. that even more gross then eating a dog.. lol..

anyway your not alone gl with your efforst once more
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

You also made me laugh! You can do it and all of us here will be here for you!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #7  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cris,

LOL, what a catchy thread title.

I am not on Optifast now, but I have done the programme successfully, losing 60+ pounds and keeping it off for close to a year, without eating the family Saint Bernard.

I later regained, and I'd be happy to discuss that with you if you PM me. I hope they are providing you with regular education/support sessions along with the shakes. We were told the first 2-4 days were the hardest, until the ketones build up in your system. They are natural appetite suppressants that show up because of (if I remember correctly) the low calorie level. I found things easier after Day 3.

You CAN do this. For this programme, tho', I highly encourage you to become a little selfish. For example, if you can't handle sitting at the table at mealtimes, drinking your shake while they eat, then get hubby to handle them whenever he is there. For the first couple weeks, I would grab a book and go sit outside in the sunshine, reading, while they ate at the table inside, or even once the odours of meal prep began to hang in the air. Do what you need to do to support yourself, and insist your family support you as well.

I also learned to make my shakes with a bit of instant coffee added (allowable within the programme). Good in the vanilla, but awesome in the chocolate!

Ti'an
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . the only thing that saves my cats some days is the thought of all the hair that would be flying around the room while I was getting them ready for the oven.

Best of luck to both you and the dog, CRIS . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Cris! Now....Step away from the dog.....

I've never done a liquid diet, I don't think I could, because hunger has always meant failure for me. But I wish you lots of success. I think most of us have failed at numerous attempts to lose weight, but you know, it was all practice before for the time we get it right. Maybe this is the time to examine what went wrong with your previous attempts and think about how you can make it work for you this time.

I skipped right passed the excited and motivated stage myself. I went from scared to death about my weight into committed to losing it, and it worked. Hang around, this is a great site for support.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #10  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

ohno the poor puppy!! LOL
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Cris. Almost all of us here have had diets fail and we all just need to get straight back on that wagon.

Don't worry about being motivated, just remember, the dog must be at least 50,476 calories (from fitday - based on a medium sized dog)!!! LOL
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Don't forget to wash the dog first lol. Should make a good pair of slippers later. And use your portion size
You can do this, Good Luck
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/235/155

Height: 5'6"

Oh my goodness!! I haven't laughed this hard in ages!!

singdenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #14  
I'm on my weigh....

S/C/G: 274/264/215

Height: 5' 11"

Now that was sooooooo funny. Please don't eat the doggie!
Ladybballer24 is offline   Reply With Quote