Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Smile A little introduction...

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and introduce myself.

And put this guy on here...because he's AWESOME!!! ---->

Now that's over with...I'm a 27 year old female from Texas. I got married on July 4, 2007, and started working out five days a week on July 31, 2007. I weighed about 220 pounds when I started and, as of my last weigh-in, I'm at 170.

A little back story...I wasn't ALWAYS overweight. As a little girl I was skinny, and that held on until I hit the age of 11 and the "woman stuff" started. I blew up so fast I stopped looking at scales at all. I tried "dieting" off and on, and even took some sort of supposedly herbal weight loss pill for a while. I got down to 195, but then eventually got back up to 200, then 205, then 210, 220 and upward. I think 230 was probably my top weight, ever.

Then in July last year I just got tired of it after seeing myself in my wedding pictures. I didn't wear a traditional dress, but I picked one I thought was flattering. Until I saw the photos. A lady where I work joined the "Wellness Center," which is located in the physical rehab department of our local hospital, in our town of 3,500 people. I debated and put off starting because I was scared, but finally got over it and got down to business at the end of July.

I lost a pound a week, or more sometimes, regularly up 'til a month ago. I think I'm too low on my calories now, but that's in the deciding stage right now.

Anyway...that's me. Hope to see y'all around!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Mindi &

You've worked very hard to get that weight off Congrats! You're very close to goal! You might enjoy the Featherweights area. Perhaps the 20-something's, too. But, have a look around & post where you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

glad you found us. i also started out orginally at 230 pounds when i restarted weight watchers in jan. i was down to 196, today i am down to 186, slowly but surely! i also was marreid in 2007 and live in north texas like you! small world~ good luck
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Thanks y'all!!! I'll check out the Featherweights section!!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, and congratulations on your fantastic weight loss!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote