Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  

Smile Looking for Self Transformation Buddies

Hi, I'm Eve, a newbie here, not to dieting. I am looking for support in this struggle to become a healthier person. I am surrounded by thin people with great metabolisms who can't understand.

I have MS but it doesn't define my life. I use arm crutches and an electric scooter and have a husband who loves to help me. I have a Great Dane, Sophie, trained as a companion dog who now is struggling herself with a Dane spinal problem which gives her balance problems. Now we help each other.

I can't exercise much so weight comes off very hard and I seldom get on the scale. I'm down 13 pounds, well on my way to my first goal of 230. At that point, I will set the next goal, probably 199. This feels more doable to me.

I am collecting healthy recipes, and converting recipes, and learning to cook a different way. Even though my husband doesn't need to lose weight, he is 70 and he needs to eat healthy.

There is a download diet software I'm using and finding very helpful, Fitday.com. There is a free download. It counts protein, carbs, fats, calories, vitamins, minerals, salt, sugar, just everything and keeps easy to read graphs for you. I'm not on a specific diet, just not eating sugars, limiting carbs, increasing lean proteins, eating only good fats...

I am very motivated, and feeling good about myself. Thanks for listening, Eve
MBC Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Eve &

Down 13 lbs! How exciting Many people around 3FC use fitday to help keep track of their food during the day. It's great that it's helping you to keep track as well.

There are many recipes around the forums, various groups based on age or amount of weight to lose. You may also enjoy the Dieting with Obstacles area.

Have a look around & keep on posting wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

eve you amy want to check out dieting with obstacles forum! its great!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #4  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Hi Eve, and welcome! This is a very supportive site, so have a look around! Congrats on your first 13 lbs!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Welcome and kudos to being 13 pounds closer to your goal!! It sounds like you have a super mind-set to do this!! There are so many great women here who will inspire you!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote