Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/242/190

Height: 5'5

Default Stop basing my life on what I INTEND to do!

Okayyyyy.....I really need some support as I try to loose this weight! I have been so unsuccessful this last year and I need to get pep'd up! I just ordered the Volumetric Eating Plan recm'd by a Nutrionist that I know. I hope to get the support from this site and I look forward to encouraging others.
To all of my new found friend----I can't wait to connect with you!
greek12see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

You can do it! It gets easier once the numbers start going down, too. I've only lost 9 pounds so far, but it's not even been two months, so I'm making good progress and that makes me want to keep going.

This is an awesome place, though. Check out the support forums and get started on an exercise plan! You'll find people here to hold you accountable and celebrate all your successes with you.
emmyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
I love the title of your thread. That says it all for many of us.
Please keep posting!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on reaching out for help! Weight loss is super hard and it's easier when you have a whole group of people that can relate to your struggles

OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Love your thread title. What's the volumetric eating plan??? I've never heard of it. Keep us posted on how you're doing with.

I see that you're in SC, just south of us in NC. It'll soon be lovely and warm and you can look forward to going for walks -- you can do it!
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 240/235/115

Height: 5'3

I just moved to South Carolina and am in the same boat as you. I just recently joined this site and was told about diet buddies check them out. Stay positive and I know you can do it.

-K-
smilingk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/242/190

Height: 5'5

I was not able to get to my computer yesterday and today when I signed on, I was shocked to see all of the support! Woo Hoo! Now for a little more advice, I would like to start the gym (I have been paying for it for some time now..LOL) but I am unsure of what is the most important thing to do. Cardiac? My endurance is not the best to say the least but I think that I need to get moving. You all are the best!!
greek12see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:33 AM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

I think getting moving at all, is what is important. Especially in the beginning. Most people around the site seem to think a combination of weight training & cardio is what helps them. But, you've got to start with what you're most interested in. If you find it fun, you might be more likely to stick with it. (And sticking with it is what will be important, right?)

Anyway, I hope you find all that you need!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, You're on the first step of your weight loss journey. Relearning to eat is probably the number one lesson. I don't know what the diet you are on is, but most work if you can stick with them. And, if you can't, find one that you can. Because this is a life time thing. It's as much about un-learning what you already do.

If you have access to a gym, you're ahead of the game. Now, you have to start actually using it! ha!! Cardio and strength training are both important. You can do cardio every day and weights every other day. Ask someone there for help.

Good luck, you can do this
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! This is a great place to come for support! Everyone here is great!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I think getting moving at all, is what is important. Especially in the beginning. Most people around the site seem to think a combination of weight training & cardio is what helps them. But, you've got to start with what you're most interested in. If you find it fun, you might be more likely to stick with it. (And sticking with it is what will be important, right?)
Absolutely! And once you start reaping the benefits of some exercise, I'll bet you'll start getting interested in other things.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #13  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

I love this title: Stop basing my life on what I INTEND to do!

I think I needed to be reminded of it this morning.

Welcome aboard!
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #14  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

I started at the gym with what I like most, weight training. I will continue that untill I feel I need more. I think my weight loss is starting to slow down, so I think I am going to start some cardio next week. I didnt want to do too much at first and get burned out like I have before. I started slow, but my weight loss was fast. Now it time to turned it up a bit. I too had a gym membership for 2 months before I started to use it.
Good luck on your journey.
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote