Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/151.3/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie here - Weight watchers and exercise my winning plan

Hi all,
I'm 39, turning 40 this year and decided it was time to take control of my own life. I must say for the most part I like everything about myself. I'm 5'6" and 154 lbs and I wear a size 10-12, not bad some people think, but my problem is all my weight is in my stomach and this is not healthy. My mom was a diabetic and had numerous health problems, she passed away last August and I just decided it was no time like the present to make some changes.

I'm currently doing Weight Watchers on my own (this time). I'm becoming more active by walking/running and I bought a bike last week with a trailer to pull my three year old along with me. I have a three year old, I work full time and I take classes a few nights a week at school, I have one son in football that works part time and needs rides to and from work, and another son that runs track and needs to be picked up so finding time for exercise has been challenging. I get it when I can. I go straight home and ride my bike for an hour or I eat early and then go walk while the rest of my family is seated and having their dinner. It's a struggle but I am hopeful it will pay off. Losing the weight this time has been very difficult. I feel I am struggling for even a one pound loss. I've had my thyroid checked and all of that is fine, so I'm to the conclusion that it's just my lack of focus therefore I am not journaling and writing down everything I eat and how I feel during the day.

My goal is to get down from 154 to around 130-135, but mainly to lose the belly fat and have some energy. I hope to make new friends here.
sc mom of 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi &

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother passing away.

I'm a WWer, too! There's a WW section under Diet Central, even an "At Home" area for those who are doing it on their own, but you should feel free to post anywhere.

Eating right & exercising will definitely help you on your journey. Keep us updated!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC!

I'm sorry that you lost your mother.

Well, it sure sounds like you have a busy life, but that is a very doable plan you have! Now that Spring is on its way, you'll have some great bicycle weather!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
I'm sorry about your Mom. You're setting a good example for your own children, though. Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i do WW also and i love it!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote