Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Another new one...

Good morning! I found this site when I was looking up stuff on Shapely Secrets and other excercise programs. I have been reading through the forums and I like the support that you have here.

I had my baby boy on June 4, 2007. Before that, I was excercising 30 minutes a day. After I had him, the excercise stopped completely. Now, on nice days, I am taking my son for walks (but so far there have not been too many nice days for walks yet). I started doing the excercises for Shapely Secrets last week after my son goes to bed. It is helping (I can tell a difference in the way that my clothes are fitting). I want to do this to help get my muscles toned up and then when it is nice maybe when I go for really long walks, my muscles won't be as sore.

I am at my highest weight that I have ever been at (222). I don't like the way that I see myself in the mirror. I really want to lose at least 10-20 pounds by my sons first birthday.

I tried a low carb diet but that only lasted for 2 days. I can handle eating food in moderation, but I can not give up all of my favorite foods.

When I was a freshman in high school, I was overweight (I have no idea of how much I weighed but I did wear a size 16 jeans). I joined track that year and my coach had me running the 1/2 mile. I hurt so bad during track. Then, that summer, I kept up the running and by the end of summer I was able to run 2 miles and I was down to a size 10/12 jeans. I would love to be able to start running again. I loved the feeling that I got when I went running. This is one of my goals for the end of summer. We have a really nice stroller for my son (its one of those that you can easily run with and it has speakers to hook up a cd player, mp3 player, or radio to). My son loves the outdoors even when it is cold so I think that if I can start running again, he would love to go for a ride with me.

I am not one to judge people on their weight, but I am horrible at judging myself and right now I feel like the biggest person in the world. I don't like to look in the mirror. My fiance gets upset with me at times because I keep myself completely covered now when I am around him because i feel so uncomfortable.

I am hoping to get support here through my journey, which I know that I will get the needed support. If any of you can recommend any good ways to start running outside (without looking stupid at my weight) would be greatly appreciated.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck! Have you thought about counting calories?You are not so restricted on your food choices as some diets.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for the welcome! I never really thought about counting calories. I might have to start doing that to help me along the way.
My fiance and I are looking into getting a burley for our bikes so we can take evening rides/long rides on the weekends.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

There are many forum sections, so have a look around & start posting wherever you're comfortable. Starting to exercise is great! You may find, as many of us do, that it's not enough to get & keep us in shape. We usually have to watch our food intake in some way. Calorie Counting (as bargoo suggested) is a good way to start that. It's cheap, and easy, and doesn't really restrict types of food, just amounts. Weight Watchers is another of a similar vein. Both Calorie Counting & WW have their own sections under Diet Central. You may want to check it out to see if any program fits your life.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote