Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #1  

Default Cuba trippp!!

Hi Everyone,
I came across this web site today and decided to join. I've been trying to lose weight since I gained it my first year in res (30 pounds in one year... but I'm trying to see it as 30 pounds of fun).... anyways, I've been 3 years now trying to get back down to my normal weight and usually didn't stick it out until now...
I gave up drinking and eating out completely after boxing day, and plan to do so until I head to Cuba on the 17th of April. I'd really like to be able to wear a nice bathing suit so I've been trying to eat healthy and working out a little more than I used to. Thus far it's proven to be a success and I've stuck to this longer than any other diet. I was at 156 pounds and as of last week my scale said that I was down to 137.5, I'd kind of like to be down to 130 for Cuba but it seems as if slowly but surely I'm getting a little slacker with it. I don't think I've been as dedicated to the gym the past 2 weeks as I have been for the past 2 months and I'm also starting to crave sweeter foods a lot more (I had a pretty intense pig out session this past weekend).
Anyways, I'm hoping to be down to 130 (even 125, but I'm not sure if that's doable) for Cuba, any suggestions and help along the way would be great... I'm still trying to get used to the site so bare with me for the next few days. Good luck to everyone else and I hope that we can all help and support each other in achieving our weight loss goals (: I want this to become more than just a Cuba thing, I'd like to develop sensible habits that will follow me for a lifetime (as much as I sometimes hate to think about that) and this seems like a great place for the kind of support!
Thanks!
-Ashley
ashleymelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I've got a couple of thread suggestions for you. How about Featherweights
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=197

or some Resistance training
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Have you done any reading about Glory87? She's done a lovely job of getting nicely slim with whole natural foods
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=209
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Ashley!
You're off to a great start!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote