Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #1  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Default Lurker no more!

Hello!

My name is Angela and have been visiting 3FC for a few months now. I finally decided to de-lurk and participate. I'm 28 years old, happily married, and work as a registered nurse. I have not been taking good care of myself at all the last 5-6 years and knowing what I know as a nurse I can not carry on this way. When I was 22 I developed a problem with emotional eating and gained 80 pounds. I had no idea what emotional eating was at the time and now that I understand what was happening I have decided to take control.

A big turning point for me was when I had my husband in the ER for chest pain this past November. His workup was fine, but we knew then and there things had to change. Since November he has lost 40 pounds and I have lost 20. I love the healthy lifestyle I have adopted. I also rediscovered my love for walking. There's an indoor walking track in my town and I love going there! Someday I will learn fancier exercises, but it works for now. I want to thank all the lovely posters on this site. I haven't met any of you yet but you have helped me learn so much.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Hi Angela, welcome to 3FC!! I'm so glad you decided to de-lurk. Good luck to you and your husband. It sounds like you're off to a great start!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Angela -

Walking is a GREAT exercise...and lots of people lose plenty without ever getting "fancier".

Don't know what sort of plan you're following, but most likely, we have a forum for it! Look around, find a spot, and settle in.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi &

What wonderful progress so far! Make sure to keep posting.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i love to walk. ihave 6 large dogs that love it too LOL!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote