Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223

Height: 5'5

Default Hello! Im new and need help...

Hello,
I am hoping I can get some help from people who have had success dieting. I have tried over and over to lose weight. I am about 222 pounds and have tried dieting many times. I always get discouraged because I dont see results and end up going back to eating unhealthy and gaining more weight. I would love to be on weight watchers but dont have the money to join. So right now I am just trying to watch what I eat and I do go to a gym at least four times a week. Please anyone who can offer advice, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!
skm824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey SKM -

Have you looked at the goal stories here? Lots of people here have had great success in changing their lifestyles to be happier and healthier, and most said a bit about what they did, so head on over to the "Goals" forum and you'll get more ideas and motivation than you can shake your fist at.

Sounds like you're making a good start. If you like the idea of counting like WW, but don't have the money to join, have you looked at Calorie Counting? It is free, and the information you need to do it is readily available...maybe you should head over to the Calorie Counters forum and take a look.

Wherever you post, settle in and keep going. Can't wait to get to know you better.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have made the first step. I would recommend calorie counting. I. like you , have started and stopped many times before finally getting to goal. Calorie counting worked best for me , and has already been said it is free, however you should use the program that works best for you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/a lot less

Hello! I'm also wanting to do weight watchers, but I can't afford it, so I looked up the points online! There are a few sites (if you really look for them) that list points for nearly EVERYTHING- even fast food! Money is tight for me right now because my husband and I just got a house, so I had to get creative!! I count my points using the numbers I got from websites, and keep a food journal in my purse! I've only been doing this for a week, but I FEEL great!!
Plus I also write a blog about how I'm doing, and people from this site comment on it. Its not the same support you would get from a meeting, but it really helps to have someone out there that knows what you're going through!! Send me a message if you would like the link to the point site!!

-cHuNkYcHeLsEa*
chunkychelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #5  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi and

I started this time at 128 and, like you , had tried and failed at a lot of different diets. I'm sorry money is tight right now, but I believe that you can make the choice to get and be healthy on any budget!

I also suggest calorie counting, its so simple. That was a big help for me - no program, ratios, or special requirements to worry about. I just have a calorie budget each day (based on my RMR - you can find calculators for that online) and try to make healthy choices in spending my "budget". So far, I've had very good success. Granted, there have been bumps, but I've been able to avoid saying "I failed" and giving up. If I go over one day, I can adjust to compensate.

Anyway, I rambled on a bit. Just wanted to say good luck! Hope to see you around here often!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i have tried everything in the past the only thing that has ever worked for me is weight watchers! goodluck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum!
As Amanda suggested, check out the Goal section here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=199
It's very inspiring.
Best wishes to you!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote