Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/135.2/115

Height: 5'0

Default Hi Ladies! I'm new and I feel a bit hopeless.

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and reading all of you're wonderful stories has made me decided to give the whole support thing a try. I'm usually a very shy dieter, probably because I don't want people to know if I fail, which I have every time so far. However, this community just seems so nice that I thought I'd try.

I'm still not sure how I want to go about this diet. I am a newlywed and my husband and I just got an apartment together, so for the past couple weeks I've just been trying to prepare healthy food at home. It's been a little hit and miss because my hunger always gets the best of me.

Weight watchers has caught my eye a little bit. If I decide to try it I would definitely need the online version, because as I said I am shy. The only thing really stopping me from trying it is the price. I have very little money to spend, so I'm afraid to sign up for it and realize I don't like it, and have it be a waste of money.

I just feel a bit defeated. I have tried dieting many times, and only managed to gain weight over the past couple of years. I just feel like I'm in a fat suit I can't take off and I'm hungry all the time. :-( Then I see my friends and they give up lousy soda and lose 20 pounds like nothing. I'm just hoping to see some results this time and maybe the support of everyone here is just what I need (I'm hoping).
comawhite2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Comawhite! and congratulations on your marriage!

There are plenty of programs that have online-only programs, Weight watchers among them. If you do decide to go that route, we have a great WW forum here, with plenty of online-only members. Check it out!

If price is a concern, have you looked at Calorie Counting? It takes no equipment beyond a computer (well, not even that, really, but since you're posting here I assume you have one, so that'd be the easiest way). You may want to also look at the Calorie Counters forum for more information on that...it is, in my opinion, one of the easiest plans to start because the information you need is readily available.

Otherwise, look around. It has helped many of us to think of this not as a "diet", but as a lifestyle change...changing the way we eat and move so we can be healthier and, yes, lighter people. Settle in and keep posting, and I can't wait to get to know you better.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:43 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC!
I never thought I could lose weight. I thought it was hopeless. But it's really all in your mind. We can do this! I've lost 17 pounds and I never thought I could.
I'm a newlywed too, married 7.5 months. I gained weight for several months after getting married (happy weight they call it?), until I finally decided I did not want to gain anymore.
The Slim Fast diet is working for me, which you can learn all about on their website. It incorporates some Slim Fast products and calorie counting. I like it. It's not as restrictive as some of the other diets which I like, and it's a cheap way to go.
Anyway, I hope you stick around, and keep posting to let us know how you're doing.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #4  

Hi Manda, Hi Beth,

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

Manda - I read your goal story and looked at your photos. You are truely an inspiration. You must feel so proud of yourself.

Beth - Congrats on the 17 pounds, thats awesome, I can't wait til I lose 17 pounds. I have been doing the slimfast thing. I get the off brand ones they have at costco, mostly because its an easy breakfast that I really don't mind. I have't really lost anything with them yet, which is disappointing.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

There's even a few threads around about frugal eating. Let me see if I can find a few ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ghlight=frugal

srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #6  

Hey Susan,
Thanks for the threads, they will definitely be of help.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:43 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Coma!

Just wanted to welcome you here, and to say that we can all do this. We just have to KNOW that we can. Don't be shy about posting around the forums. Support truly helps keep us all in check.

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Coma!
I'm with Faerie... this is a great place to bust out of your shyness. We're all here for each other... please keep posting!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #9  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

you CAN do it!!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #10  

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies, I'm feeling less shy already.