Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/210/145

Default What a great place!

Hi Everyone:

While searching on google yesterday, I came across "3FC on a Diet Weight Loss Community", and I'm thrilled that I checked it out. I have seen tickers in the past from 3FC, but I did not know that those tickers were part of what looks to be amazing support community!

My name is Denise, I'm 47 and live in the Northeast. I've been heavy ever since the age of 8, and I've been on sooooooo many different diets over the years.
My highest weight was 295 pounds and right now, I'm 211 pounds. I remember seeing the scale read 118, (for approx a day), when I was 18. I remember feeling that 145 was a very comfortable weight for me - though, if my exercise level drops, it's very easy to start gaining again. (I haven't been 145 for a very long time).

Well, I just wanted to post here and write a bit about myself, and say "Hi" to everyone. I have a feeling that I'll be around here a lot.

Peace & Love to you and yours,

Denise
Denise223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Denise! and WOW, congrats on your losses so far!

I hope you stick around and keep posting. Have you seen our 40-somethings board yet? You also might want to visit the 100 lb club, a group of people who are on their way to losing or have lost 100 lbs or more.

Settle in and keep posting, ask questions if you need help...can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/210/145

Hi Mandalinn:

Thank you for coming by to welcome me! I surely plan on sticking around to check out all of the forums and know that I'll be doing a lot of posting. Thanks for telling me about the 40-something group & the 100 lb club .

I clearly remember weighing about 280 in February, 2001, and I have a photo from my 33rd birthday (1993) when I was at 295 pounds. I was 5' 1&1/2" at that time and my clothing size was 28/30 (Lane Bryant). My height has decreased to 5' 1/4" -- (I found that out not long ago when I had a bone density study).

I was very ill and in the hospital in October, 2005 and remember the nurse said I weighed 211 pounds. I was diagnosed with severe ischemic colitis, and my weight went down to 185 by February, 2006. (that was such a horrible & painful illness, and definitely NOT a good way of losing weight). It wasn't long before I was up around 220 again - so, over the past couple of years, I've been hanging around the 210ish area.

I wanted to tell you a bit about my "weight history" because my weight history, (295 - 211), hasn't been all at once. A few people that I've met in various weight loss places over the years have said that I wouldn't be 'considered' as someone who is in the category of a "100+ lb" club person. It doesn't matter to me what other people think - What I am sure of is that at one point in my life my I weighed 295 pounds, and right now, I weigh 211.
My weight has fluctuated MANY times between '93 - '06. Right now I am happy to be where I am, and as well, I am looking forward to losing weight and becoming a a healthier AND much more active me!

Mandalinn, I want to say that your photos are fantastic! Your transformation is amazing and you are very beautiful . I am very much looking forward to reading about your journey and will do so when I read your goal story.

Have a peaceful evening,

Denise
Denise223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  
soon to be a SkinnyDipper

S/C/G: 256/232/139

Height: 5'4"

Hi Denise! and
Looking forward to seeing you around!
ChunkyDunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

That business about being 'considered' this or that bothered me. At 3FC lots of folks post lots of places. Almost anybody can help almost anybody, don't you think?

Make yourself at home. We're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #6  
Time to get motivated!

S/C/G: 178/171/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey! welcome to 3FC and i agree! This place is awesome. Just being around so many people working toegther to try andovercome thier difficulties is inspiring and a wonderful setting to be in when trying to get yourself into a routine. Welcome again! I hope to see you around in the other forums!

~Dimes ^_^
sliceoflife89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Denise!
I agree... it doesn't matter what other people think. It matters how you feel about yourself. Please keep posting... you'll meet some wonderfully supportive people here.

Last edited by ellis; 02-16-2008 at 09:23 AM.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote