Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #1  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Default Scared but Determined

Hello. I'm one of those weird blogger people, but my weight loss is just a little too personal to share with the *entire* internets. (My dad now reads my blog and so do people he works with... um... uncomfortable).

I have a terribly long journey I've been on, but this is something very new to me. In the past, if I've had pain, the doctor gives you a painkiller. Well that's just not my thing. I want to know what exactly is causing the pain. And with my weight, I've always just kind of been... oh... ok. Eat less and move more.

And I've been successful then not then successful... well you get the picture.

So I've been preparing myself for this journey for a while. Steeling up my nerves, hiring personal trainers again, nutritionists, getting doctors involved. But mostly I want to find out why exactly I just want to eat. What is lacking in my life that needs filling with some Tex Mex?

I want to know why I don't feel as great about myself completely. What is stopping me from finally being successful with weight control.

Anyway, that's a really long and long and long introduction about myself. I hope that I can find answers and support from people that actually understand for a change. Not my teeny tiny friends who don't have an obsession with cheese cake.

Thank you
JaneZoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #2  
Another pound down!

S/C/G: 181/175/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome. I wish you luck with your journey.

I have a myspace account and a facebook one, but I'm not wanting to share my weightloss with the world yet either -- not yet. Maybe "before and after" pics some day, but not now. Too personal.

It's weird. I can tell everyone about my personal struggles with infertility, infant loss, miscarriage... but my weight.... it's too sensitive.
grapefruitisgrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Be sure to look around and post where you feel comfortable. Everyone here is very supportive. I read your blog and it looks like we are the same height with the same goal. I've been slow on my weightloss for the last year but I'm on it again.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #4  
nearly indestructible

S/C/G: 241/117/160

Height: 5'9

Thanks y'all.

I also am a total dork, but got the Richard Simmons Food Mover. Apparently for dinner all I am now allowed is one serving of milk, 2 fruits and 5 veggies. Could be interesting trying to figure that one out.

I'm skipping any superbowl festivities because I'm a junkie for queso.
JaneZoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #5  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi, JaneZoe. I think it's great that you are trying to get to the bottom of why you fill emotional needs with food. I wish I could figure out why I do it, too! But being aware that's what we're doing is certainly a great first step.

I've read suggestions that when you would normally reach for a snack, take a short walk, brush your teeth, call a friend, drink a glass of water, something, but try to figure out if you're eating just to eat or if you are actually hungry. And if you are actually hungry, then eat! Otherwise, it might help you determine what need you're trying to fill.

I wish you the best with your weight loss efforts!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Jane, welcome!
Yes, figuring out why you eat the way you do can be half the battle.
Best wishes, and enjoy the forum!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/155/130

Height: 5'5

Hi, Zoe.

I, too, am an emotional eater. I think I know why, but now what? How do I fix it? If you can figure it out, please let me know! : )

Best wishes to you on your journey!
VA Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203.0/203.0/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC. What you said about the whole blogger thing makes me laugh. It was like I was reading my own intro. I needed to join up here to get some more support - some new support. I needed to be accountable to someone else. I needed a new kick in the butt. We can do this by the way!

Skinny Thoughts
SkinnyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote