Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/275.8/180

Height: 5'3

Talking Looking for Support Along the way....

So here I am, checking out these boards and looking to find support and encouragement along the way to my weight loss journey. My husband and I are doing this together. I have several goals in tack, but my first goal is 36lbs in 10 weeks. I have accomplished 10.2 of those pounds in the last 2 weeks! My total weight loss goal is 106 lbs by Janurary 1, 2009.

I have said this before, I am gonna diet, eat right, lose weight. I start off strong and then tend to fall off the wagon, with something as little as a cheesburger. So why is this time different?

First of all I have never been more determined then I am right now. Secondly, my husband is also in the same boat as I am, so I have someone that is going to work with me, and support my every bite. Third, we want to have a child, and in order to do this I need to be in a healthy weight range, so that my body can work the way it is suppose to. This means everything to me, I have wanted to start a family for almost 7 years now, and have always had a motherly instinct that carries with me. I love my neices and nephews, but I want one of my own.

So here I am ready to committ and take this one step at a time.

wingsofbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 198.8/182.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello! From one Newbie to another!
I, like you are determined to make this work! I am teaming up with my 12 yo DD. We both have about 70 lbs to loose. My family is very supportive of us for the most part....my DH is a bit negative...but I think that it is just because I paid for information such as WW. He is a hard one to convince. He says that it was a waste of money since we won't follow through it. But DD and I are just as hard headed as he is and we WILL prove him wrong! I think coming to a place like this will make me more accountable and make me want to do better and to loose this stubborn weight.
Good luck on your journey!
Kara
KaraRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey WingsofBeauty, and

You sound really motivated to get this done!

Have you seen the 100 lb club yet? It is a very active, supportive forum for those with 100 lbs or more to lose...you should check it out!

One thought...the key to keep in mind is that ONE bite of a cheeseburger never did any damage. Heck, even a whole extra-value-meal didn't get you to where you are today. It is only failing to forgive ourselves and get back on plan that causes problems in the long term. So if you slip (and we ALLLL slip!), get right back on plan and move forward.

Can't wait to see you around!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote