Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default New To 3chicks

Hello everyone! My name is luvteachingk. I started my diet about 2 weeks ago--this time. My whole life has been a diet. I have struggled to lose only to gain it back and then some. Three and half years ago I lost 105 lbs.! I went from a size 24 to a size 10. I followed Weight Watchers and participated online. My nephew, who was 13 at the time, was diagnosed with bone cancer. That was the trigger to start my stress eating again. I gained 136 lbs. back. I am not a happy fat chick! I have several health issues and know that if changes are not made soon I will end up just like my mother and her mother before her. Not where I want to go! I am awaiting insurance approval for bypass surgery. It's drastic and I'm nervous but the weight loss has to be permanent this time. Hoping this will help with that! Anyway that's a little about me! I've been reading several of the threads and you all have such good advice. I look forward to learning more from you.
luvteachingk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Welcome luv, Hope you find all you're looking for on here. this site is awesome
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Know that you are not alone in gaining the weight back. Chalk it up to an extremely frustrating learning experience?

Looking forward to learning more from you, as well.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Luv!

Have you visited our "Weight Loss Surgery" forum yet? It would be a great place to discuss the unique issues that come with going about weight loss surgically. You may also want to visit the "100 lb club" forum.

Otherwise, settle in and keep posting. Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote