Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Arrow New To The Community

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. My weight has been up and down for years, I believe I'm at my all time heaviest, I weigh even more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant and I'm not proud of that at all. My youngest is 8 and right after he was born, I became determined to get healthy. I started walking 4 miles a day and eating healthier foods. It worked for me. I lost 70 lbs. and felt wonderful. I have been hypertensive since I was 17 years old. Losing the weight didn't help with my high blood pressure, I still had to take meds for that everyday.
About 3 years ago, I started having other medical problems. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I developed gout and started having kidney problems. I felt like I was falling apart. As the RA progressed and the gout attacks came, I slacked on walking. It wasn't because I was too lazy to do it, I enjoyed my walks, because it was truly "me" time.

Now, fast forward to today. I've gained all that weight back and then some. I feel tired and lethargic all the time. I've all but become a recluse. I'm out of shape and unhealthy; tonight when I was taking a bath and had trouble getting up out of the tub, I decided, "This is it, I've had it!"
I have to do something about this before I become immobile and even more unhealthy. It's very humbling to me to open up and admit to this. But I guess it's the first step to becoming a healthy and happy person again.

I have to get creative with my toning up and exercising, because I don't believe my joints will hold up to all the walking like I used to. I'm hoping to find some inspiration here (which I already have just reading through some of the threads) also hoping to find some tips, some recipes and some friends. :-)

I don't expect or even want to become some skinny super model type of person. At this point, a number is just a number to me on the scales, I just want to feel better. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Hi, I'm Pix.
Pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Pix! Good job on deciding that you are worth it. I know alot of exercise my be off limits, but it sounds that you are willing to become resourceful. Also, as I am sure you already know, 90 percent of being successful is your diet. Good luck, and post often. Alot of support on these boards.
Mom23BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Pix!

Have you visited our "Dieting with Obstacles" area? It might be a good place to start, given the particular health challenges you face. Head on over!

Otherwise, keep posting...can't wait to see you around soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you both for the welcome! Thanks for the tip about the Dieting with Obstacles area, I'll check that out!

I've been skipping around on different areas reading. There is SO much helpful info here and so many inspiring stories and people. I'm very glad I found this site! It's nice to feel motivated again.
Pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote