Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #1  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

Smile hiya

Hello all, I'm new here. But I'm not new to weight loss or gain. There are a million reasons and excuses I could give as to why I've gotten so heavy, some more valid than others. I'm not going into a "how I got fat" story right now, I'll save that for after I get to my goal.

Besides, I imagine most of us get fat pretty much the same way.

I've had to lose weight before, just never quite so much! I feel it's a bit of a daunting task ahead of me but i think this is the perfect place for me to get plenty of support to do the job.

Just a while ago I turned down lunch plans with coworkers who were quite shocked and almost upset that I'm changing my eating habits in a way that doesn't welcome fried junk or sweets. What a beating that was!! You'd think I was flat out saying I hated these people now.

Needless to say, I need some support! For the first time in my life I'm doing this for ME ME ME and I don't feel bad saying it!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. Do you have a diet and exercise plan ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #3  
never say never

I'm a calorie counter and a recent again-vegan. I was vegan for several years and gave it up for some reason that I can't recall.

As far as exercise??? What is this exercise you speak of? I've been out of the loop for a while due to major surgery but the plan is to start walking and doing yoga.

Now I just need to put these plans into motion, literally.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Your weight loss will be more successful if you exercise along with your diet.There are many choices, you can go to a gym, or buy tapes or books and exercise at home, or you can make up your own. walk more. bicycling, swimming, etc, the possibilites are many.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

polkadotfever, you are not alone in having to lose a lot of weight. Look at my ticker.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #6  
never say never

it's doable! we can do this!

just going to take some work.

I'm thinking about buying the Firm dvds and step thingy. I used the Firm about 10 years ago and really enjoyed it.