Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/210

Height: 6 feet

Default December Newbie

Greetings, my name is Jim and I am from South Carolina. I'm 66, retired and have begun my second year as a senior citizen - so I'm no longer a novice in that group. I've been reading two books lately and accidentally found this forum by Googling "Volumetrics."

My wife (who still works) and I have utilized the South Beach Diet several times and were most successful the first time around. Volumetrics offers me another beginning without dropping fruit from my daily diet.

My heart has been in atrial fibrillation for the last two years and my medicines that restore a decent heart rate render strong negative side effects to this old frame of mine. Seems I'm constantly fatigued and have to really work at it to get some walking in each day. I used to walk four miles each week day morning but now struggle to get one mile in before having to sit and rest. Got to blame something (okay?) and I'm blaming my inactivity rather than my love for eating nuts to my current weight gain. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Since I have been a good size before I'm convinced everything about me that's wrong would be better if I got back down to a decent size again. MY wife is embarking on this journey with me and that simplifies things at meal time. We are starting after Christmas for obvious reasons - then - it's crunch time. Looking forward to getting to know some of you better.

Jim
JIMNSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Jim and your wife too. Be sure to take a look around the site as I noticed you mentioned South Beach so check out that section as well as the goal section for tons of support & motivation. Good Luck!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Jim - and your wife!

Glad to have you here; post often so we can get to know you - both of you!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm glad you stumbled onto us - can't wait to get to know you and your wife better! You're right that some of your symptoms will be resolved when you get to a healthy weight.

Since you are under care for a medical condition, have you talked to your doctor about your weight loss plans? He may have specific recommendations for you to make sure you are doing this in the best way possible for your particular situation.

Can't wait to hear more from you soon! Keep posting!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #5  

Well, thanks for the welcome. I wasn't sure how it'd go since I am a man. I doubt seriously you'll hear from my wife (could be wrong) as she is s bit timid.

And yes, mandalinn82, I have discussed my plans with both my internist and cardilologist. They both gave me a thumbs up. Surgery is being discussed in the future and they told me they prefer thin subjects for the procedure they are considering for me.

Looking forward to getting started.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:01 AM   #6  

Jim, a big hello to you and your wife!
I'm new here too. I have roughly 100 pounds to lose.
It's nice to meet you.

Red
RedGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #7  

Thanks and the same to you, Red. I'm giving a cursory reading to the books now so as to be ready by the first of the year.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Jim