Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 326/319/160

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm new! =)

Hi! My name is Rachel. I'm a 24 year old nursing student from a small town in ohio. I weigh 319lbs. (I just lost 7lbs!)... Anyway, I'd like to weigh about 160lbs., so basically, I have to lose half of myself! I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about it. It's hard sometimes, when everyone else seems skinny. I just wanted to say hello to everyone!
rachohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:51 AM   #2  
Happy Holidays!

S/C/G: 174/154/135

Height: 5' 2 1/4"

Welcome! I haven't been here very long but so far I've found this sight a good place to come to when I need a kick in the butt! So how did u lose the first 7? Were you tryin to lose it, or did it just happen with some other change in your life? Good luck with weight loss!

I am also a nursing student...finals week...so I feel for ya on that level too!
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi ...to both of you ... for starters I'm going to recommend having a look at a website called fitday.com. Enter all the food you can remember eating from yesterday and maybe even the day before (you can make the program go back several days if you'd like) You'll soon seen how much you've been eating in a whole new perspective. Fats, carbs, protein, soduim ...

And if you keep in mind that what you really need to do to get started, is just eat less ....then you'll have a benchmark. Today and tomorrow just work away at having your overall calories less than the days you've entered as your experiment.

Keep in touch. We'll help you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on already being down 7! One thing that can help ease feeling overwhelmed is to break up your goals into smaller amounts. I do mini goals (see first ticker) that seem much more do-able than looking at the whole number. In fact, for a long time I didn't have an overall ticker in my signature but just had one for my short term goal.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!
I have read so many stories and find them so inspirational. I love to read everyones accomplishments as well as downfalls. It helps see we are not all as perfect as we would like to be. I don't have much to lose (10lbs) but I have been saying I would love to lose it and just haven't put much effort into it. I also have made some major life changes in the last couple of years and now would like to take 08 fo focus on my health and my heart.
I want to thank everyone for sharing their stories and look forward to hearing more about each of you. My best wishes to all of you on your journey to meet your dreams... whatever they may be.
Jacalyn
jaxnthbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #6  

Default I'm new, too.

And very nervous, as I joined about twenty minutes ago, and I don't have the slightest idea of what to say, exactly.
About three years ago, I learned that I had PCOS, and on my doctor's advice, I went on a low-carb diet. It worked really well, but as I refuse to live without fruit, I relaxed after about a year. Not to say that I go around inhaling entire orchards or anything, but I am doing my best to maintain and still eat strawberries.
The weight loss was dramatic, although not like some of the gals kicking around here, maybe thirty to fifty pounds. (I'm one of the anti-scale-ites, defender of freedom from evil, whizzing numbers.) It changed my life, mostly for the better. I get cold easily, strange old men, including my dad, especially my dad, find it perfectly acceptable to discuss my weight, to my face, and in public, no less (You have no idea how many times he's told me that I look sick.)
I was always as pale as an albino rabbit, though, so that's stayed constant. I'm currently exploring vegetarianism, possibly kicking up to veganism when I learn more about nutrition and PCOS and such matters.
Really, I'm here to find a few others like me, normal gals, trying to be healthy at any and every size. I have a glorious, supportive husband who not only gave up most refined sugars and soda for me, he's even willing to try soy in large quantities. But I feel like my weight loss has isolated me from my loved ones and strangers, even myself. The reflection in the mirror is so different, you know? And not just because I'm making a funny face.
Sarah Alida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 326/319/160

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'm a big fan of Dr. Phil, and I read his book. I'm definitely an emotional eater, so it helped me a lot. I feel that I've always been slightly uncomfortable with male attention, so I think that's one of the reasons I've let myself stay fat. The first thing I did was stop drinking regular soda. And that's all that I focused on for 2 weeks. I still ate whatever I wanted... but I used to drink A LOT of soda. I drink only water now... and diet soda occasionally. I'm also addicted to the diet green tea. :-) I'm basically just trying to watch my sugar intake, eat enough protein, and also enough vegetables. I lost 50lbs a couple of years ago... gained back 70lbs. I'm ready to make a change for forever now. I've completely cleaned out the cupboards and decided that I want to be healthy, look healthy, and be the skinny girl that I know has been trapped inside of me all of these years. I'm so glad I found this website. I love reading everyone's stories. They make my day. =)
rachohio is offline   Reply With Quote