Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/206/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey There, New Here!

Hello all

Well, let's see. I'm 25 and overweight and I'm sick of it!! I used to be a figure skater, never was "super thin" but was always muscular and in shape. Before I knew it, after an injury and some emotional issues, I blew up.

My heaviest was this spring at my friend's wedding. I was around 235 pounds. I have been doing diets on and off for a few months; losing then gaining, losing then gaining. But 3 weeks ago I suddenly got serious about eating right (and not really "dieting" in the bad sense of the word), and it hasn't been so bad.

I've lost 29 pounds so far, and have 6 more to go until my first weight loss goal. Though I don't really see a difference in how my clothes fit, I definitely do see a difference in my face. I'm hoping to be at comfortable weight in a year, and at ideal weight in a year and a half.

Oh yeah, my day job has me working with at-risk high school kids, and my night and weekend job is as a dog trainer, specifically for dogs in need of behavior modification. I love both of my jobs, they're very challenging.

In addition to that, I'll be going back to school soon to finish my bachelor's degree. I'm very excited about my new turn in life.

So hello!
CygnetC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hello & !!!

Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/219/135

Height: 5'5

Hi

I am new too and I think we have some things in common I am 26. I have always been athletic, but slightly overweight. But due to injury and then being busy I put on a lot weight. I peaked at 225. I am a full time civil servant and am doing my masters part-time.

Congrats on your loss so far.

Rosie
RosiePosie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/245/175

Height: 5"7

Welcome.. I am new here also.
Wow! 29 lbs in 3 weeks.. can you share your eating plan and workout routine with us?
Any information would be appreciated!
eve01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Height: 5'10"

Default Welcome

You've made it this far, I know you can reach your goal. Sounds like we have some common issues - former athletes turned to mush. You've come to the right place.
Boudicca71 is offline   Reply With Quote