Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/158/135

Height: 5'6"

Question Still learning the ropes...

Hey again, guys!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well so far. Mine's been relaxing.

So, I've been using the diet blogs more than I've been using the forums so far, but I really want to find a balance between the two. I think I'll talk to a lot more wonderful people that way, AND it's probably a better way to make the most of your resources. My issue is... how do I get started in other categories besides the "intro" category? I'm sure there comes a point where you're sort of past the introduction phase, and you need to start branching off. But I go into other categories which I think might interest me, and it seems like everyone is speaking a different language! I have no clue what half the terminology means, because it seems like everyone else is doing specific diets, and me, well... I've just been cutting calories and exercising. So I'm not too "hip to the lingo".

I know that I could simply ASK what certain abbreviations and terms mean, and eventually I'll just catch on, but it seems like it'd be somewhat of a burden to the people posting, who are used to people reading what they write and just understanding off the bat.

Any suggestions? OR... know any of the commonly-used terms, and want to fill me in on what they mean? I'd really appreciate any and all assistance!

Last edited by x crysie x; 12-01-2007 at 04:30 PM.
x crysie x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

How about I throw you a rope?

Here's a pretty conclusive list of the acronyms used...now ya know the lingo

As far as where to post, you are welcome anywhere!! But I'm gonna invite you to start in my neck of the woods, calorie counters and exercise.

Oh and
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #3  

Talking

Chick in the Hat (Gina) -- Thank you sooooo much! That really means a lot to me! I will be sure to start posting there. And thank you times INFINITY for the list of acronyms. Those will prove to be VERY helpful!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

"just cutting calories and exercise" I personally think that is the best way to go, but you can do any diet that works for you. It is OK to experiment until you find the right program for you. Check out the forums , there is sure to be one that you will feel comfortable with.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #5  

Bargoo-- I agree on the cutting calories/exercising thing. It's what works for me, personally. Granted, I've been slacking on my calorie counting lately, and it's resulted in a plateau which it aggravating me. But I know all I have to do to get past it is to get back into the swing of things, and continue to remind myself of why I'm doing this. Me personally, I've never been one of those people who gets all into different kinds of diets. I think that just plain eating right and staying active (and using better judgment) all add up to success in the long run.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Whodathunk "eating right and exercising" would be the way to a healthy lifestyle? Why didn't someone mention this to me sooner?

I find logging what I eat to be the key to calorie counting, I use Fitday. But there are other sites.

What kinda exercise have you been doing? I started with just walking, I've since graduated to weight training and biking.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote