Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #1  
Mrs Piggys Fat Cousin

S/C/G: 225/210/140

Height: 5ft

Default I'm Here And I'm Fat!!!

Hi everyone, I just joined today after stumbling onto a thread about that Shapely Secrets Infomercial. I feel asleep watching it last night and I was wondering if it was something I should blow $50 on.

Anyway, I am 29 years old, 5 feet short, 214.5lbs, yup thats alot BUT thats actually down from 224.8. Thats taken me about 2 months to do. I started working out everynight I walk/jog a mile on my treadmill and do 3 sets of 10 rep work outs on my gym set. I've been drinking a ton of water but not doing to good in watching what I eat. Well I watch it ... all the way into my mouth.

I am really looking for some modivation, my husband isnt much help. I know he doesnt like me being as big as I am especially since I was 120 when we got married, he doesnt care when I diet or whatever but hes not exactly motivational and just loves to order pizza when I am trying to eat right. So I was hoping I could find find a little help here.
some1sospecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Someone welcome to 3FC. I'm glad you stumbled over. Be sure to look around the site you'll find lots of info and motivation. Good luck and keep posting
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hey & That's a great start so far! Congrats! I've found this site to be very supportive, and I hope you will, too!

Watching what we eat is very important. Perhaps to begin with you might like to just write it down. It only takes a moment to get it on paper (or online at places like fitday.com). And you'll be much more knowledgable about what you're eating and how much.

Definitely continue the exercising!!!

Best of luck!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Some1SoSpecial, and

I love your username...so positive!

Good for you on getting an exercise program started and drinking tons of water! This is all about baby steps. Now it's time to put a plan in place to control your eating. Have you decided how you want to approach this? Are you counting calories? Watching portions?

Once you have a method in mind, start considering how you'll apply it. Make a PLAN. With a husband who is bringing home things you'd rather not eat, it might be good to have everything you are eating in a day planned out...from breakfast, lunch, and dinner to snacks. If you have a plan and the appropriate groceries, when he brings home a pizza you'll know EXACTLY what your dinner is and have the groceries to make it.

Keep posting and looking around - can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 PM   #5  
Mrs Piggys Fat Cousin

Thanks all , so far I am not following any sort of diet per say but I guess I am watching my calories somewhat. They range from 1800 to 2300 (bad I know but its harddd).
I usually do great when I go grocery shopping, I buy lots of fruits and veggies, fish and chicken, whole wheat bread and brown rice, little to no pastas or breaded items. BUT actually eatting at home is a whole other story LOL. In the past 2 years I gained 40lbs due to eatting out almost daily. If its not a breakfast taco from the corner store then its some buffet for lunch with a friend. I've also cut that out dramatically and I think thats why I have actually lost some weight.
Tomorrow is pay day so I go grocery shopping again and I plan to buy less carbs this time around. I've tried Atkins and staying under 20g of carbs is almost impossible for me, so I am going to try staying under 75g which is not great but better than my usual 200 or so.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Welcome some1sospecial!!! I'm totally blown away, because the way you ran across this community is the EXACT same way I did. Last night too! I was up late, not sleeping and wondering if it was worth the expense. That's hilarious that we both came across this site from the same infomercial search and on the exact same night. Probably at the same time. =P

Anyway, any weight loss program is hard at the beginning. You're so use to eating whatever you want, or you're just use to the way you eat in the beginning. Just know that as soon as you get over that first hurdle (the first week or so), you'll start to feel so much better. Cut down on certain foods, count calories, and keep a diet blog (this site offers free diet blogs) to keep track of what you eat daily and how you're feeling that day. And use it! It's a great resource.

Good luck and I hope you reach your goal!
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #7  
300+ Chick

Much luck with your efforts...YOU can do it!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #8  
Mrs Piggys Fat Cousin

hehe that is funny lean. I think I did an aol search and found this site and ended up loving it by the time I reached the end of the simply secrets board.
This week (well today) I started alittle more hard core on watching my calories, I will continue with my exercising and see how that goes. I have a journal I keep on fit day, its private though because I cuss alot when I get upset with myself hehe. Good Luck and congratulations on your up and coming wedding!!

Thank You Liliann I know we can BOTH do it!