Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default I need support

I am once again trying to get a handle on my compulsive eating. A true junk food junkie, it is getting harder and harder to loose. When I was young I could eat anything and everything and not gain weight. It was as though I had a hollow leg.

After my third child, the same eating habits I always enjoyed became a problem. I didn't loose the weight after the last pregnancy as I had with the first two and in fact began to gain weight. I started to look way too much like my mother and her sisters (yikes!).

I've gone through a major career change, a move to a more expensive rent, and a divorce. I began to eat for comfort and the weight gain escalated. One day recently, a friend (someone I've been attracted to) asked me if I was pregnant since most of my weight is midsection. I was mortified! After the sting wore off so did the denial. I need to make changes and I need support.

Over the years I've done quite a bit of research into weight loss programs, tools, etc. Pulling from the knowledge I had accumulated, I figured sugar is my problem: bread, processed carbs, pasta, sweets, baked goods, whatever. I found a book called the Complete Idiots Guide to Low Glycemic Weight Loss and the ideas in the book have helped me to make better choices.

I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and haven't had hunger, lethargy, anxiety, or mood swings, which always seems to go along with attempts to lose weight and/or the "normal" way of eating for me.

Anyway, I hope to achieve my weight loss goal of 30 pounds by March 2008, but more importantly, I want to feel healthy in mind, body and spirit.

Thanks.
Laura Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck, you have made a good start.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome. If it's support you're after, you'll find it here.

Congratulations, not only on your success so far, but on your research. I think you'll be able to help us!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Great start!

Congratulations on a great start!

I love SusanB's observation about your being able to help us! Support is what it is all about, and you will get it here, from different folk at different times.

The really great thing about this site is there is so much information, you just never know when you get just what you need for that day or that issue.

One thing that strikes me that is fortunate for you: You have already identified "trigger foods". My guess is that the more you stay away from them, the more control you will have and the better you will feel.

Good luck!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #5  
CathyT

S/C/G: 139/139/128

Height: 5'4

Talking

Wow! I feel like I've known you for some time! I have investigated the low glycemic diet and found it to be beneficial. If only I could stay on it! This time I will. Yes, all of my weight is at the mid section as well. Very depressing.
Keep me posted on your progress.
Cathy
CathyT is offline   Reply With Quote