Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Default Hello, I'm new.

Hi everyone, I'm new, reccomended to this site by my boyfriend. I've been doing Weight Watchers for about 2/3 weeks now and am struggling. I am a very fussy eater so find it difficult to find relatively healthy meals, thats I want to eat, I also have nasty habit of skipping meals and/or eating lots of fast food/takeaway and late at night.
I'm 21, I'm a student, I'm 5ft2 my goal weight is 128lb, I am currently about 154lb.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #2  

Welcome!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

I use WW, too. I think that you're going to have to take some time to experiment with the foods you do like to create either healthy versions, or find new things that you enjoy. Skipping meals & then eating out later on will only get you into trouble (and you seem to realize this).

If you really want this, you're going to have to make it top priority. Make a commitment to eating healthier for yourself. Plan out some meals ahead of time. You'll be less likely to skip them or get fast food if you have a plan.

You can do this! ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:57 AM   #4  
on my way to 120

S/C/G: 182/182/120

Height: 5"2

Hi I am also new. I think I have tried every diet out there from Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem to Herbalife, Weight watchers etc. I have an under active thyroid and I am not sure if that is the issue I work out 3x a week and I am not losing any weight not gaining however not losing. I really dont eat all that much. My next option is Medifast I think. I even tried Allii. I am so depressed I saw a picture of myself at work today and I couldnt stop crying it doesnt even look like me anymore I feel lost. has anyone ever felt this way? Or do you have any ideas? Please help. at this point I have actually been praying to lose weight. thanks for listening. ~~V~
vmochoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Vmochoa -
The first thing you must shove out of your head is the idea that this is a "diet". If you're looking for a quick fix, that's all you'll get. You have to find a program that will work for you for the rest of your life or you'll constantly end up back where you were or worse. Also, losing weight is HARD WORK. It takes planning, prepping, and DOING. We cannot be passive about weight loss.
I truly don't mean for this to sound harsh, but if you want weight loss and good health, then they must be at the top of your list. It can feel overwhelming. But you CAN do this.

Have you tried simply calorie counting? No mincing words there. After all, there's no miracle diet. (You say you have an underactive thyroid, so you may want to consult with your doctor before making any food changes.) I would really suggest actually writing down everything that goes in your mouth, because although you say you "don't eat that much" sometimes it's surprising to see exactly what we're eating and how many calories are in that food.

Again, you can accomplish this.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote