Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 AM   #1  

Default Hi All~Another Newbie

I've been reading the boards here for a while and really like what I see. The support y'all give to each other is great!
I'm 47 and have gained soooo much weight in the past few yrs (most of it in the past two). I know exactly why, it's from binging (feeding the anger and trying to fill the emptiness with a very low activity level )
Now that I've figured me out -lol- I am ready to get a handle on my weight. I've told many people that what you see here is the 'other' me. This is the me that swallowed the 'real' me and she is now fighting to get out .
My daughter and I have decided to follow Bob Greene's book. We are waiting for it to come in from Amazon...hoping it'll be here by first of next week??? In the meantime, we have changed our eating habits a bit and I've mowed the grass/weeds down into trails around and through my five acres so we have walking trails. Our plan is to walk daily as well as other things such as pilates and some weight training. I have limitations due to health issues so there will be no running, kickboxing or anything like that. We'll see how it goes.
Ok, trying not to write a book here.
Great to 'meet' y'all.
Nana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:15 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey NanaJ!

Wow - how WONDERFUL that you not only have a partner to help you, but also fabulous walking trails all in your backyard! Think about how gorgeous it'll be walking your property!

There are several Bob Greene devotees here - look around, settle in, and get to posting. Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

^^ And the best of luck to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome Mandalinn82 and Faerie. It is nice to have the room to walk without getting on the roads like we would have to in town.
It'll be an uphill battle for a while (daughter and I are both so out of shape) but it's time and we are both ready She also joined and posted today but I don't know her screen name yet, will have to look for her.
Again, thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Nana J and I asked Nette if you were her mum when I read your post on her thread I should of checked your intro out first I can be such an air head at times, how you are to have your own walking trails and it is great that you and your daughter are going to do this together. You will also find plenty of support and help on these forums so jump in anywhere you taking a liking to. .

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #6  

Hi JULS,
Thanks for the welcome and yes. Nette is my daughter. She's the second of three I'm very proud of her for many reasons. One being that she is the one that gave me the big push to go ahead and get started on this journey.
She lives about 25 miles north of me but comes to visit often. We do alot of things together. The walking will be fun and we live in northwest florida so the winter weather won't be too bad for walking. The summer is another story though...we'll see how that goes.
I've been looking around but can't seem to find the right 'group' to join in on. I'll do some more searching today.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #7  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Nana J, so good to have you here !!! I am the same age as you are and together we can get fit. I have only been here since Oct. 2007 . Good Luck to both you and your daughter !!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome, Dumplin.
Have you found a place to 'land' in all the threads here? Just when I think I've found one, it doesn't seem to quite fit. Still lookin'.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Nana J, what sort of thread are you looking for, I know what you mean sometimes you just don,t connect but I,m sure you,ll find somewhere if not start your own, I was a bit like you when I first came to this site some of the threads were well established and I felt like I was intruding but everyone is so nice they make you feel welcome it just depends on what your looking for. I,m 50 and have 5 kids and 10 grandkids I live in a small country town downunder but I don,t live on a property I live in a nice little 2 bedroom cottage with my DH, if there is anything I can help you with such as motivation and support I,m here. Take care...

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I know when you first join it's hard to just jump in and start posting. You feel like everyone is already well aquainted and you don't know anyone. Kind of like going to a new school. But the groups are very receptive and after a few weeks you will become one of the "regulars" too. I just joined the "Goldengirls". It's a group for older ladies. There are groups for specific age groups. did you check those out?

Good luck, you have taken the first step.....
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote