Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/250/150

Height: 5"2"

Unhappy meet me......

I am 38 with two teenagers, a 15 yr old girl and 17 yr old boy. I am married. I am a full time college student and full time employed. I have way too much to do.

I eat lots of terrible things, especially sweets. Chocolate and cake icing are huge weaknesses for me. In the past 10 years, I have gained 95 pounds, adding 20 in the past 3 months. My joints hurt and I have trouble wearing heels when I dress up. I am sick of being this way. I hate what I've become. My husband doesn't seem to mind at all, which makes it worse rather than better. I weigh 250 pounds and he tries to say it doesn't matter.

I started yesterday watching what I eat. I refuse to "fad" diet. I am tracking my calories, fat, etc on fitday. I am trying to stay at 1500 calories or less a day with proper fat, carb and protein balance. I've done this several times in the past five years or so and usually only made it a week or two and gave up. I cannot give up this time. I think I have reached the point of no return. If I don't do it now and I pack on more weight, I will never do it and I will die from a heart attack or something similar. I HAVE to do this. I plan to start exercising too, but we'll see. I have planned to do so many times and not done it..........
smills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Smills, and

Cake icing is my weakness too! Sometimes, you just have to identify those foods and avoid them.

Good for you on finding a plan you can stick with for life...that is how you maintain losses. Keep posting here...you have to make the decision to stay on plan, but the wonderful folks here can give you plenty of ideas and support to keep going.

Keep posting - can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

smills glad you found us. Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. Be sure to stick around as we will offer up alot of motivation. Keep us posted on tour progress.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/250/150

Height: 5"2"

I am so glad to find this web site. I read many of the posts and everyone is so SUPPORTIVE. I look forward to participating.
smills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sharon!

Since you're a calorie counter, you might want to join the thread there and get to know everyone. You'll get some great tips and recipes, too!

Good luck to you!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

This is a wonderful place for support. We all wish
you the best of luck on your journey!!!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Hey & You're definitely in this for the long haul & that's fantastic! Best of luck!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day Sharon and you have come to the right place there is plenty of help, support and advice to be found on these forums and your DH s you for who you are which is great but remember you are doing this for you so ask him for his support and I,m sure you,ll get it.

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote