Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM   #1  

Default Yet Another Newbie :)

Hi! I'm a 21 year old gal from upstate NY, and I am in desperate need of weight loss support. I've been overweight all of my life and have been "dieting" for just as long. I can honestly say that with the exception of the occasional bar of dark chocolate, food has never been an issue for me. I don't find much to be tempting, and I've always been pretty good w/ will power. I remember back in grade school being the biggest girl in my grade yet bringing sunflower seeds and bottled water with me for lunch. No one could ever make sense of why I was (and am) heavy.
At the age of about 13, I began to get pretty sick. The first thing I was diagnosed with was Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Through the years, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, IBS, stomache ulcars, a permanently fractured vertabrae, and various other back problems made themselves apparent to my life. Needless to say, I've spent a great deal of time virtually bed or couch bound.
At 15, I committed to being a vegetarian and have hardly ate over 1500 calories a day ever since (though after tracking my nutrition on FitDay, there is room for improvement) ... but I suppose due to lack of movement and exercise, the weight has yet to be shed.
Due to having POTS I have a horrable problem with edema in my abdomen. If I were to strengthen/build my "core", and drink nothing but water, I'd be able to get rid of that... this is mostly what I need to finally do. It's just so easy for me to get tired and lazy and lye back down -- so this is where I could really use the support.
If I were to finally get the weight off, my quality of life would improve immensely. My back problems would most likely be far less severe, and I would finally be in the state of body to take control of my other disabilities. I'd LOVE to be at a point where I could actually run and work out on a daily basis. Right now walking a mile is a huge accomplishment.
I've been browsing these forums and have felt so encouraged by the determination so many have and the progress you all seem to be making. I want to add myself to the list of people who've succeeded in changing their lives for the better. I want to work through the pain and get as healthy as I can be
hellosizesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi & ! It seems like you've had a lot of problems.
There's a Dieting with Obstacles section that you may find very supportive & informative.

Best of luck to you!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day and a big You poor little darling you have been through a lot in your young years but with all the support and encouragement that you will get in any of the forums here that you go into, I know you will succeed on your journey to a new and improved you take care..
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Best wishe to you and welcome
Sweet Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #5  

Aw, thanks so much guys!!
hellosizesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #6  
SexyWantsSlim

good luck you can do it!