Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #1  

Unhappy heavy sigh!

Hello-

It has taken me about 20 minutes figuring out how to get this message on - I hope it works.

I think my sign in name and message title summarize how I am feeling about my weight.

After my fouth (yes fourth) child I had great success on WW plan. I got down to my goal of 120 and swore I would not look back. In January of 2006 my husband loss his job. Since then we took every penny we have, borrowed from both sets of parents and embarked on business ownership. I do work as a part-time attorney but we still loss about 70% of our income, not to mention insurance, vacation days, etc. To top it off I am turning 40 in a little over a month!

My husband reacted to the stress by dropping 25 pounds, I on the other hand found those plus 5-10 more. It honestly seemed to jump on - yet I know I am eating terribly and in a pity party with lots of food!

Anyone out there want to e-mail occassionally for moral support? I must do something! I have gone out and had to buy all new clothes from size 6 to 12 which is a downer not in the size alone but because of the financial stress in the house.

I look forward to reading some success stories later to spur me on.

Hopefully I will learn how to work a "thread" and be able to respond to anyone I hear from.

Thanks.
feellikequitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hello &

I'm sorry to see that you're having a difficult time right now, but I hope you will be able to find support on the forums. They're a friendly motivating type of people!

If you need to know a few things about the forum in general I suggest checking out the Help area : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

You'll get the hang of it all real fast.

Maybe you'll feel better soon enough that you'll want to change your username to something more positive in order to stay motivated

Afterall, quitting is not an option!

Best of luck to you on your journey -
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Welcome!!
When I first wanted to start losing weight, I was just out of college, and could not afford anything except to count calories. I used all the resources I could find (internet was not as expanded then-- about 7 yrs ago), and just started counting. I lost 55 lbs!
I have been counting calories for my current weight loss as well. It's the cheapest way. I just use a small journal to keep track of calories I've eaten and my weight and exercise (I use Calorieking.com to find calorie content of misc foods).
When I "feel like quitting," I look back to see success in my journal-- I felt like quitting this week and looked in my journal and realized I had lost 6 lbs this past month! It was enough to make me get started again and realize that even though I'm not losing as quickly as I want to, it's still working, and I'm depending on no one but me to do the job.
This is a wonderful community and I've appreciated all the help and motivation I've found here the past month.
I go to the "Goal" page and look at all the before/after pics and read stories to get inspired when I need extra oomph.
You can do it!!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Join us over in the 40-somethings thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119813

And get yourself a FitDay account (it's free) to help you track what you eat (and the fat/protein/carb percentages as well as calories). It's been a god-send for a lot of us.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/193/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi & Welcome!
Glad you joined us, you'll find lots of support & ideas here at 3FC. Come on over to the 40 something group as suggested by alinnell. It's time to embark on a new goal, taking care of yourself, because you are worth it!
Time for a change is offline   Reply With Quote