Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Post Newbieeeee

Hi everyone ::waves::

I just wanted to post a little intro - I found this website yesterday and Im SO excited!! It looks quite active here.. and I love that, looks SO supportive and fun.

I'm 28 years ago.. I live in New York, with my husband (Chris- 25) and our 19 month old daughter (Alexis).

And my story-
I've been overweight my entire life, for the most part - chubby kid, teen, young adult, etc. Back in 2004 I weighed 215 pounds.. and after years of trying to lose weight and starting over 1,000,000 times.. I FINALLY did it.. and got down to my lowest adult weight ever, 124 pounds!!! Then I got married.. and we had to go through an immigration process (my dh lived in Holland).. SO stressful! We honeymooned 3 weeks in Holland, Germany and Belgium - start of my slow gain! Then I stress ate after that, as my husband had to live in Holland while we went through the process.. and I was in NY. After 8 months, he finally came here for good.. I slowly packed on a few pounds as a "new" bride. In 2005 I became pregnant.. I started the pregnancy at 160 and gained up to 197.

.. and ashamed to admit, 19 month after... I'm 196.2! EEKKK! I did lose some of that pregnancy weight after she was born, but gained it back because we did a lot of take-out as we adjusted to a newborn (excuses, excuses)..

Long story short, husband and I are going away next year.. in July/August - for one week, sans baby, for our anniversary and birthdays (all that fall within 30 days of eachother).. and I'm stoked! I want and need to be healthier, and feel better about myself.

I have tried to lose weight 100 times since my daughter was born, only to "fail" after 1 month of trying .. or even a stinkin day! Im sure some of you understand that

But I have new motivation.. and I feel like THIS is my time again. I lost 90+ pounds in 2004 and I can, and will, do this again .. right??

I just wanted to share myself and story.. I look forward to meeting you all!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #2  

first of all, WELCOME (im a noob too haha)

2nd'y i love NY, went over last winter loved it SOOO much

anyway, this place seems so awsome, ive only been ehre few days and find myself keep checking allt he different groups, i thinka good starter is the goal section, actually see what u can achive, and i meen SEE the pics are shocking, its liek they did body doubles or somthing haha

hope u ahve great time here, and that u find it that bit easyier having all these gr8 peopel here to help ya AND "tut" you when u know uve been naughty lol

Andy
unassembled is offline   Reply With Quote