Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #1  
Nobody Leans on...

S/C/G: 279/165/142

Height: 5'2

Default Intro-Sharkysmachine

Hello,

I've lurk about these parts for much of my weight loss journey. i guess I'll start with stats. I'm 5'1 1/2 or so and currently weigh 163.3. i started my journey last October at 279.4 pounds. I'm on no special diet. Just eating less and exercising more. I was fortunate that I was fairly active before I started losing weight so making the transition into being SUPER active was less difficult. From the beginning I was fairly strict with myself. I worked out every day; cardio for 45mins and strength training (on alternate days) for about 20 minutes. Now I'm up to cardio for an hour a day and strength training 30 minutes (again on alternate days). I still LOATHE every second of working out, but love the results so there you go.

In addition to the trips to the gym, I also do pilates, yoga and bellydancing. I also strive for 13,000 (non exercise related) steps per day. I make it game and it's kind of silly, but motivating. Currently I am "walking" to Paris (where I am going on my 35th birthday in March.)

Personal boring stuff: Recently finished my MFA. Starting another Master's in '08 (Library and Info Science). Not married. No cats or Kids (hate cats, love kids).

I've always been the girl with the "bangin'" curves and the "gorgeous" face, but have of course noticed that reducing the weight has made quite a dramatic difference in how I'm preceived by others. It's more amusing than annoying, partly because I've always had a fairly strong sense of self. I loved myself fat, despite not liking the actual chub. After a lot of reflection I'm pretty aware my experiences are atypical in a lot of ways. I am very lucky to be blessed with a "perfect" hourglass shape, which has always stayed the same regardless of my weight (hips/bust exactly the same and the waist always t0-12 inches less), and never really had people be as cruel to me about my weight.

Nevertheless, I've had my issues and challenges and I'm glad that I've lost the weight. I am also lucky because I have NO issues with hanging skin. My doctor and I are both stunned (though I am less so). I don't know why other than luck, so please don't ask me what I've "done". I don't know! It's probably genetics, since my way has fluctuated from as low as 170, to 279 since I turned 20. I've never been thin, never been pregnant and seriously, have no idea why I don't have the loose skin. Just grateful.

Currently, I wear a size 10, though sometimes I wiill do a stretch 8 for kicks.

I joined this community because it has inspired and empowered me. I love all the different voices here and I respect a lot of you for what you have accomplished. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ange
Sharkysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi &
Wow What an amazing journey! It's inspiring to see how far you've come. I hope that you continue to find the support you need here, and post some tips for other people. You don't have much farther to your goal by looking at your ticker ^^ Best of luck to you on the rest of your journey & may you find everything you're looking for!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #3  
Nobody Leans on...

S/C/G: 279/165/142

Height: 5'2

Thank you so much! I think I learned so much just by reading what others have to say. I know it's silly but I don't know what I could add that all the smarties around here haven't said.
Sharkysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote