Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/174/140

Height: 5 foot 9

Default To All You Newbies!!

Anyone interested in forming a group? I am interested in having fellow newbies to lose with!!
Mikeyandres2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/211/140

Height: 5ft5

Hi I think that sounds good

We have almost exactly the same amount to lose so would work well. My first goal is my birthday in November how about you?

~Saralou
saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/174/140

Height: 5 foot 9

Right now I don't have any goals!! What I need is serious help! No really, I just want to get through today and if I can go through a whole week without shoving my face with whatever I can find...I'll be good! I guess I'm scared to set a goal then not meet it...set myself up. BTW I say your blog You are much braver then I am!! I have intentions of putting my photo up too..
Mikeyandres2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi! I am new too. Would love to form a support group. I have been on my plan for two weeks now.
My goal is to lose about 40 lbs and build some muscle too.
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #5  

Wink A little secret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyandres2 View Post
BTW I say your blog You are much braver then I am!! I have intentions of putting my photo up too..

Just so you know, it's not as brave as all that! I'm not publishing under my real name at the mo so people I know don't find out. The photos are me and I'm not intending to hide from what I say here or on the blog but I do want to keep it a bit secret from the world. Perhaps when I feel more confident in myself I'll tell friends but at the moment I only want to discuss this with people who are definitely going to be supportive because their going through it too. Thought that confession might help!!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Oooh, a newbies group - count me in! I need all the help and support I can get! Looks like 140 is the magic number for a lot of folk! LOL
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #7  
PunkRockMumma

S/C/G: 121.9/120.0/69

Height: 5'9

Count me in too!
CharlottesMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 PM   #8  
Hoping to be Healthier

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I am brand new to this site - and need some friends to lose with - all my friends at home are skinny!

Can anyone tell me how to get a tracker on here?
PopWarnerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #9  
Hoping to be Healthier

Default Woo-hoo! Got my tracker!!!

Off to look for lemon juice!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #10  
lvs husb,dogs,Jesus,candy

S/C/G: 260/250/135

Height: 5' 1 3/4"

Hello! I, too, am new here. Long story short, by my senior year of college a tumor fully developed, wrapped around my pituitary gland, causing my pituitary to tell my adrenal glands to kick out triple steroids into my body, thus making me move from 140 lbs to 200 lbs before the school year was up. Steroid weight is harder to lose than regular fat (and we all know how extremely difficult THAT is). My problem is that after many years of illness and surgeries, I now am starting at 250 lbs, have weak muscles due to the original disease that caused the tumor and destroyed my muscles, and my exercise options are limited due to a hereditary blistering disease I've had since birth. Boo Hoo for me, right? Wrong! I have been swimming quite a bit. I found a great pool close to home and have been going to a water aerobic class several times a week for almost 2 years, now. I just love the people there - both in my class and those who work there. They really care about people, remember their names, and many of the people in my class have been going there for at least 20 years! Why? Because of the people. They now go because they want to see their friends, too. I have now found that great group of people also care about me. What a blessing. I would encourage everyone to go to every Park and Rec pool in their town, try a water aerobics class (they have many different levels), and don't give up. I have also started Weight Watchers. Again, I have met great people who have become friends. I love that there is nothing I cannot have. With WW, I had cake for my birthday yesterday and I chose to have a square piece (you know, at Safeway Grocery store), and that way I didn't have a lot of cake left - in fact, I had no cake left ) Do not be shy about asking the pool front desk if you can join a class that says "seniors" if you aren't one. Often the pools let those of us who have physical disabilities or hardships go into those classes, and they are much better in helping us not hurt ourselves. I turned 42 yesterday and the class I've been and will continue to take is called Senior Mobility. Now that I've been doing this for a couple of years, I am going to stay and take one of the following classes - I'm going to try for 2 hours a day 5 days a week. I better stop. This is supposed to be a quick reply, but I don't know any other way to do this. Sorry if I messed something up. Thanks. I look forward to encouraging and supporting you all and receiving some support from you, as well - new friends )

Last edited by aburkey; 09-17-2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: add weight tracker
aburkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 AM   #11  
Secret Agent

S/C/G: 222.2/221/150

Height: 5'5"

OH OH OH!! ME ME ME!! PICK ME!!! (tee hee)
alhiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 AM   #12  

Question Shall we start with small steps?

Hi everyone - Glad there's a lot of people with quite similar goals as it's a facer when you've got a lot to lose.

I was inspired by this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburkey View Post
Boo Hoo for me, right? Wrong! I have been swimming quite a bit. I found a great pool close to home and have been going to a water aerobic class several times a week for almost 2 years, now. )
Just wanted to say Aburkeyfor working with health problems but also having the guts to get in the pool - I love swimming and did go for a while this year but its soo hard not feeling self-conscious

With that in mind, I thought it might help if we all made a 'mini-goal' or two that we want help with. So, for example, my goals would be:
  • Start swimming again whatever I look like in my suit
  • Lose 8lbs before my birthday in 8 weeks so my cool, blue dress looks less tight for the party!

Anyone else have goals to share??
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 13st/10st

Height: 5ft 5"

Count me in too any help is greatly received
hasson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #14  
Hoping to be Healthier

Default Goals...Hmm...Where to start...

I don't cook and haven't in about 10 years - my husband does all of the cooking and it's never really healthy but better than the fast food that I usually eat when on the road.

I guess my real goal is to make better decisions for myself. I used to say that I didn't care if I was heavy because I was happy anyway and my husband always told me how nice I looked no matter what. But seriously, I eat what I want when I want, which worked ok when I was 15 but not now at 35...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #15  

Count me in! lol

I'm desperate to lose weight, piled it all on since becoming disabled....
mynxie is offline   Reply With Quote