Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default I can't exercise to save my life. . .

but I can blog. And maybe if I blog enough I'll convince myself that I *can* exercise.

I'm currently working with a "diet" coach regarding my eating habits. I have this weird disorder called factor 5 leiden heterozygote gene mutation. BASICALLY, this means that I'm the opposite of a hemophiliac. My blood clots faster than the normal person.

In June I was diagnosed with a blood clot in my brain. I am now on coumadin and have my INR checked once a week. This means I have to watch how many green vegetables I eat along with some other randoms like mustard, mayonaise and green tea. This makes it very hard to fill up on veggies! Thus, I've got my trusty "diet" coach helping me make the right choices. So, I think I have this food thing down for the most part.

BUT EXERCISE, is a different story. I need a buddy that will push me to get some weights or cardio in every day. I would love to do the same for someone in return. Please let me know!

I'll be participating in the forums as well, and I'm hoping to put a blog together. I've already signed up for FitDay and I LOVE it.

Hopefully soon I'll have my weight AND HEALTH exactly where I want it.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hiya -

Nothing beats the "Exercise Accountability" thread, in the "Exercise" forum, to kick you into gear. Once you know that a crowd is waiting for you to post your exercise, its hard to skip.

Welcome - can't wait to hear more from you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #3  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

HellO! I am new here as well, today is my 3rd day to be specific! lol
I also just joined FitDay...that site is AWESOME! I also have NO motivation to exercise. I KNOW I NEED to do it, but actually getting UP & doing it are 2 different things. I never realized how true it was for heavy people to move their bodies, until I reached the weight I am at now. It is so true...& it sux. Never in a million years did I believe I would be in the shape I am in that would prevent me from doing any activity I wanted to do. I love the Biggest Loser & the new season started last night. So, I walked for 20 minutes, while watching the show. My goal is to walk 30 minutes, twice a day, until I am fit enough to start my Slim in 6 DVD!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Reeveso - very nice website. You do make a good point. I played roller hockey in college and love inline skating. Sooo. . . last night I took my dog for a 20 minute blade. I was really wanting to go for longer, but my pooch is pretty out of shape, too. Perhaps if I make a goal to get HIM in shape, it will have a side effect of getting me into shape as well.

Realitymom - no kidding! I went to Pilates for the first time 2 weeks ago and I couldn't do 1/2 of the exercises everyone else was doing. I felt like an idiot. PLUS, no part of my body is flexible apparently. BUT, I felt great afterwards regardless of how I did compared to everyone else. I literally had sweat dripping off the end of my nose so I know I got a serious workout. I'm supposed to go tonight and I hope that I do. I also took my dog for a walk to the drugstore last night which was a decent 30 minute walk. Plus, I did the stairmaster at the gym in my building for 20 minutes - pretty light workout, though. Soooo. . . I'm trying. The problem is that I will probably stop trying in as little as 2 days. I gotta make sure I keep working out!!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote