Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-15-2007, 12:11 AM   #1  
I'm a tough old broad!

S/C/G: 286.6/281.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm back after a very long absence.

I was doing a search for weight loss support forums and found this one again! I couldn't remember for certain if I'd ever joined, but I see that I did.

Anyway, in a little over a year's time since I joined (and last posted), I haven't really lost any weight. Well . . . according to the doctor's scale yesterday, I've maybe lost about 5 or 6 pounds since June of '06. I guess that's something.

In addition to the other health problems I've dealt with, I am also now a type 2 diabetic and have high cholesterol, as well as high blood pressure. I'm on medication for all three and do have my blood pressure under control with meds. Not sure yet about the cholesterol. I'll find out when I get my lab results back. The diabetes is a struggle. I am not doing a good job of staying on my eating plan or keeping up with the twice daily testing my doctor wants. So my numbers are kind of "sloppy."

I got kind of bummed out at seeing that my doctor had circled "morbid obesity" as one of my diagnoses on my sheet that I turned it at check out yesterday. Mind you, I'm well aware that my weight and BMI classify me as morbidly obese, but I guess I wasn't expecting to see it as a diagnosis. Wonder if my insurance would kick in and help me with weight loss? Probably not, unless I had surgery.

Anyway, I'm totally disgusted with myself and my lack of control. Thought about trying Medifast, but it's expensive. My doctor cautioned me that, while it's effective and causes dramatic results, most people who do it tend to regain what they lost plus some. I don't know if I could stick with it long-term either.

I want something healthy but easy to follow and something that I could do for the rest of my life. I did attend a diabetes education class last year and got a very good food plan from there.

I guess I'm rambling, so I'll close for now.

CD
ColoradoDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back, CD!!

When you construct your own plan, a big part of it is trial and error. There are so many types of plans out there -- I would just make sure that it's centered around healthy foods that you LIKE. Also the less processed the food, the better in my opinion. Fresh veggies, lean meats, and whole grains. You can't go wrong there. Whatever you choose, this group is great at helping you work out the kinks!!

P.S. - I tried Medifast once and thought it was icky (no offense intended for those that are on it and love it!). Plus with a food based program as opposed to a shake based one, you are teaching yourself how to eat for the rest of your life. Anyway, good luck!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote