Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #1  

Default Hi there

Hi. I'm from Arkansas and I have been fighting my weight since having my first child almost ten years ago. Actually everyone in my family is overweight and we all seem to be struggling with it. I am now about to turn 30 years old and have simply decided enough is enough! A month ago I joined the Metabolic Research Center and despite the cost, decided that it was cheaper than all the medical bills I would get in the future due to diabetes and all those other lovely weight complicated issues. So far I have lost 10 lbs, 6 inches, and most importantly I feel better! Thirty more lbs to go!

I was doing research on the Metabolic Center and found your website. I think this is a fantastic idea and I cannot wait to get to know some of you as we all work to be healthier, and look better! Good luck to you all!
Xeracia
xeracia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 11''

Welcome Xeracia! Looks like you're off to a great start!
Ericah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! This is a fabulous place to get and give support!

Keep posting so we can get to know you better.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #4  

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I plan to stick around awhile. Looks like there is some wonderful support here.
xeracia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #5  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Xeracia! Welcome! I am once again visiting this website. I had been away for a while. I know what you mean about fighting weight now to avoid future health issues. I too put on weight after having my first and only child 10 years ago but I'm a bit older at 39. I am borderline diabetic (you DON'T want to get to this stage) and my doctor told me to take off the weight now! My family history is that my father died of heart disease at 44. So...I am taking the doctors advice and losing the weight. It isn't as difficult as I thought although I had a slight setback with my breakfast this morning but I am right back on track. This website offers TONS of great advice. I like to look around and read the new posts every day. Just ask and you will receive support/help/advice. Good luck to you!
GeorgiePorgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 350/350/190

Height: 6'1

Hi Xeracia!!
Welcome!! I think every mother can COMPLETELY understand your struggle. I have a son and was concerned that if I took the initiative and focused on my weight that he may be body obsessed, so I have put it off. Only to find out that my child HATES chocolates, sweets, and cookies... and loves to exercise... if he didn't have my face shape and eyes... I wouldn't think he was my child!! LMAO I'm learning the hardest part is staying committed to myself- not sure if you have the same problem....

I think it's great you've gotten into working with a Metabolic Research Center-if you think about all the things we chunky chicks buy to make ourselves feel better as well as the medical bills we'll have to face if we don't change... the money you are spending at the MRC- is CHUMP Change......
Best wishes!!!!!
Rach
designerella is offline   Reply With Quote