3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Howdy from Chatt. Town (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/118390-howdy-chatt-town.html)

Angie70 07-20-2007 02:18 AM

Howdy from Chatt. Town

Hello, my name is Angie and I am from Chattanooga TN. I have been dieting for a year now in June. I have lost 112 pounds and have 139 more to go! I have been reading the forums here for a few days and decided to sign up and say "hi" tonight. I am hoping to get some good support and hopefully give in return and make some friends here...Angie:)

HeatherAngel 07-20-2007 08:18 AM

Hi Angie - :welcome2:

This is a GREAT place, full of awesome, helpful and supportive people - we'll look forward to hearing all about you! :)

Tell us about the plan you've been following - and CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful weight loss so far!!! - and post often so we can get to know you!

Keep up the good work!

Heather :D

Liliann 07-20-2007 10:01 AM

Wow! :bravo: on losing 112 Lbs !! That is truly amazing and you are doing a super job!! I am so proud of you!! Welcome and thank you for sharing your success with us!! Much continue success to you!! Keep up the great work!! :)

oldteach 07-20-2007 11:10 AM

Hello! I am new today. I had a lap band surgery in 2004 and have not been too successful in losing a lot of weight. I have lost about 30 pounds, from 227to 197, but I have been "eating around the band" by eating high calorie, easy-to-go-down foods for the 2 1/2 years since the surgery. I decided to try the no-sugar, no-flour diet, and I found this web site. I have been on this program for about 3 weeks and have gotten some good comments from people that I haven't seen for a few weeks. I have been omitting sugar and flour, but I saw yesterday that some of you are eating whole-grain foods. Any suggestions would be helpful. I will say it is easier to stay on this program having had the lap band to keep hunger down.

Angie70 07-20-2007 04:35 PM

more....

Thanks for the warm welcome! Well lets see I am 37 years old have 2 boys ages 9 and 11. My 11 yo. is Autistic/asperger's syndrome and my 8 yo is a typical sweet little boy. I am originally from the Chicago land area but moved down south 6 years ago.
I have struggled with weight all my life combination of genetics and my grand LOVE for food! June of '06 I hit my peak weight at 401 pounds. I had high blood pressure for 4 years up to that point (note my father died at 34 years old of HBP) I also had urinary incontinence, and sleep apnea (on c-pap machine at night for 3 years) and the onset of diabetes. I couldn't hardly climb 5 stairs without a major struggle and quit frankly new I would die an early death and thats without any exageration! One day I was sitting at work and I had decided enough was enough either I would do something of my children would be motherless as I was without a father growing up. I started drinking TONS of water and stop eating everything that was bad for me. I started eating lots of veggies and fruits whether I liked them or not (now a year later there are lots that I like that I have always hated) and eating VERY low fat. More physical activity naturally came as I started feeling "more alive" as I put it. So thats how I have done it. No magic bullets just shear will power. I have looked at it as a lifestyle change not really a diet because I know that that is how it will have to be and I have resolved myself to that. NOW 1 year later I look like a different person and more importantly feel like one too. I feel 20 years younger! I no longer have HBP, I no longer have sleep apnea or the onset of diabetes. I am not on any kind of meds (I was on 5 different kinds a day for 3-4 years). Anyway thats my story...Angie:)