Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #1  

Default Hello and struggling to get started.

Hello all. I'm Mary and I discovered this site by googling weight-loss support forums. I've been lurking a short while trying to get brave enough to post. I am struggling with a lot of issues r/t motivation to begin. Considering therapy but thought maybe communicating with those who truly understand what it takes mentally, emotionally and physically to get started would help just as much.

Reading the stories here is awe inspiring but still leaves me wondering if I really have what it takes to do this. I am currently at 197 with my highest weight being 218. That was about 5 yrs ago.

Everyone here seems so nice and I am impressed by the folks who have lost the weight and still stick around here helping and motivating others.
Justforme07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #2  

You can do this. All you need is support, a brain, and selfbelief.

You have the first two already - the selfbelief is what you need to get you started and give you momentum to keep going. Think about what kind of weightloss plan you would most enjoy and could stick too - ie do you think you'd do better counting calories, or learning to eat intuitively? Would you prefer walking, swimming, yoga, going to a gym, or a combination?

Start by writing out all the reasons you want to change, and then plan those changes..then believe and do. and post here for as much support as you need
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

you can do it ...i think the hardest part is in your head well for me it was ...i keep telling my self every day this is a lifestyle change not a diet. but i have started counting calories and i have not been hungry or any bad craving at all. i think i have eaten more counting calories then any other time i tried to lose before. everything can be done one day at a time....
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote