Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/163/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

Smile Hi everyone!!!

My name is Amber and I live in Salt Lake City & Tooele, UT. (Live in Tooele, work and occasionally stay in Salt Lake City.) I'm 29 and a receptionist for an insurance agency. I'm in a relationship with a very loving man.

When I graduated high school, I believe I was 125, I'm now 165. For several years I hovered at 140. But, over the last year or two my weight gain seems to come in short, drastic spurts.

I'd like to lose weight because I am getting unhappy with the size AND shape of my body. Also, I will like to be having children in the next couple of years and want to be fit before pregnancy. I fear gaining a lot of weight during pregnancy and not being able to lose it after. I wanna be sexy for my soon to be hubby... all the time and always. And, of course, more importantly for my health, my self-esteem and FOR ME!

I have been watching, but not counting, calories and not doing too bad. Although, excercise is where it's hard for me, I only have the time and desire (for metabolism boosting for the day) to excercise in the morning, before everyone gets up. But, getting myself out of bed is HARD. I have tons of inspirational tools to help me control eating habits, but the only thing I'm capable of thinking when that alarm goes off is, "Wahbahbumble... need more sleep." I do a 15 minute mile w/ Walk Away the Pounds once a week, if I'm lucky.

I'd eventually like to get to the 2 and 3 mile and also incorporate Tae Bo at least twice a week. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
lilmizzc00kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #2  

Welcome,
I wish I could help you with getting up, but I am not a morning person. I did not get out of bed until 10 this morning. Hubby is retired so we walk when ever we get up. We walk three days a week.
Back when I worked, I found if I stopped off at the track and walked before I got home I could get my exercise in. Most schools allow people to walk around their tracks.
Good luck.
betty
GrandmaBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #3  
Yes, indeed.

S/C/G: 176/170/125

Height: 5'5"

I haaate exercise too - I despise getting the least bit sweaty or feeling strained. :P I've adopted the theory that any exercise I can get will be good for me - when I go to the grocery store, I park far away so I can walk - when I clean house, I try to put as much elbow grease into it as possible. I'm also lucky enough to be able to take my daughter to the pool every morning this summer - it's about a 10 minute walk each way plus the moderate activity I get from floating around in the water with her and teaching her various swimming-type things.

I try to wake up when my boyfriend does - but he wakes for work at 4am. ~_~ So I often come up with excuses as to why I won't get up. (Wake me up after your shower, wake me up right before you walk out the door, etc - then I just continue to sleep :P)

Anyway - good luck with it. I was about 115 until I was 19 - then I had my daughter and I've been from 160-180 ever since (for the past 5 years). Hope you stick with it.
cupcakesundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/163/130

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thank you for your input, ladies, every little bit helps!
lilmizzc00kie is offline   Reply With Quote