Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 176/155/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi my names Nora!

Hi Everyone,

I've casually been checking out this site for about a month now and figured it's about time to join. I've managed to lose 30lbs in the past 4 months, but have officially hit a plateau. I'm hoping this community is what I need to get back into the swing of things. I'm going start to be much more diligent come this monday June 18th (once my period is done, hahah). I'm actually a pretty healthy eater (except when it comes to alcohol, which i officially cut out of my diet this past sunday) and I manage to get plenty of cardio at my job (i'm a manager at a doggy daycare, which means I walk a minimum of 5k a day, and that's excluding the 2 k walk to and from work each day). I am hoping to find myself some weightloss buddies, as well as some nice scrumptious diets. I also plan on bringing back weight training, something, in all honesty, I really haven't been doing this time around. I'm hoping to lose a nice 25lbs and get myself nice and lean. If I can lose half of that come vacation time (August 3rd!) I'll be tremendoulsy happy. I'm happy to have you guys as weight loss friends!
Elegant Departure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #2  
Counting Calories is fun!

S/C/G: 201/192/148

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Nora,
Welcome to the 3FC boards! I joined recently myself and have found a lot of support here. I love Vancouver by the way, my husband and I went there and to Sooke (just outside of Victoria) on our honeymoon and went back on our 10 year anniversary. Beautiful part of the world....

Congrats on the 30lb loss! That's great!
AnneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Nora -

Congratulations on your losses so far, and welcome to our little corner of the web! The best way to get to know us is just to keep posting - find a spot that matches your plan (or even a plan you might be thinking about trying) and post away! There are tons of fabulous men and women here who are amazing about answering questions, providing feedback, or just being generally supportive.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #4  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Welcome!! Congrats on all your work so far!! It seems to me that perhaps your body has gotten used to all the walking. While walking is good for you, even though you are on a plateau, try changing it up a bit. I am willing to bet that if you added some strength training and maybe rollerbladed to work instead your weightloss would continue. If you tried rollerblading, it would give your body a change to work your muscles in a new way and different range of motion. Also, with the strength training, the more muscle you build, the higher your metabolism will be and that will speed things along and make you look fabulously toned!! Keep it up!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote