Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #1  

Smile New and ready to go!

Hello, My name is Kristin and I am new to your group. I am 26 years old, married with an almost 2 year old son. I am not new to being overweight or to losing weight. When I was in high school I went from 185 pounds to 135 pounds. Over the years I gained a little back but did pretty well with my habits of eating well, etc. When I got pregnant this all went out the door! Pre Pregnancy I started out at 165 (I am 5'5" but I still felt ok with the way I looked)..and after I had my son I was only at 185..which I was ecstatic about!

My son was born with complex congenital heart defects and spent the first 5 1/2 months in the hospital. We spent our time by our sons bed and eating junk from the cafeteria and home cooked meals and sweets at the ronald mcdonald house. This caused me to gain 30 more pounds to my current weight of a whopping 215! Of course, my life is hectic and my son is my first priority. He is doing VERY well but I still havent felt like I have time to concentrate on myself.

I was watching a few video clips on my son and I was in them with him and I just started to get discusted. I feel like at my current weight that It may be starting to affect my parenting. I knew when I reached that point that it would be time to do something about this! I just dont have the energy..I am beginning to get lazier and lazier. I want to show my son how to live a healthy lifestyle and how important it is to take care of our hearts and the rest of our bodies. At 215 pounds I am not a good example of that at all! I never blamed myself for getting this big..but I WILL blame myself If I dont do anything about it! I think I finally have the motivation!

Routine was my biggest helper in the success I had in the past to lose 50 pounds. I do not have much of a routine in my current lifestyle so this is something that I am going to have to work hard at. My weight loss plan is for healthy eating and lots of exercise..no crazy diets for me! I am confident in this since I have gone through it before..its just going to be much harder!

Anyways, I just wanted to say "hi" and tell you a little bit about myself and my situation. Hopefully my motivation will continue and you will hear alot more from me!

My immediate goal is to lose 20 pounds before my son's second birthday on August 10th
My long term goal is to get down to 140 pounds..however long it may take!
Either way..I know I will feel better about myself no matter how much weight I lose!

Kristin
divertigozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:37 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Kristin -

I'm so glad to hear that everything with your son is working out so well...I can't even imagine how scary that would be.

Welcome to our little web corner - keep posting! There are lots of ideas, supportive people, and threads to keep you on-track. I look forward to getting to know you better!

Amanda
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey kristin,

Honey, you sound exhausted! And oddly enough, the best thing for that, aside from making sure you get enough sleep, is to get more movement. Can you go for a walk with your son in his stroller? Walking will help you feel better and help your weight loss as well.

Feel free to post on any of the threads and ask any questions!

Cheers!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote