hey, i'm new! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Talking hey, i'm new!

hey everyone! just thought i'd introduce myself. i'm kate and i'm so glad i found this site. i lurked around for a few days on the site..just to get a feel for it. i definitely liked the vibe i got from here, so i joined! you guys seem so positive and supportive of each other. it's great!

another reason why i joined was because i'm not too happy about my weight as of now. i just finished a spring study abroad semester in spain, which was amazing. i loved every moment of it. we lived with homestay families, and got all our meals homecooked..and my host family, just kept feeding me and feeding me! unfortunately, after the semester of just eating, laying on the beach, and going to bars made me gain 15 extra pounds and went up 2 sizes. plus, i didn't do my daily exercise routine. my body just doesn't feel right. so here i am! ready to get back in shape..and hopefully have a better body before my final year in college begins the fall!

good luck everyone, i'll need all the help i can get.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kate! I'm new, too, but I just had to say that it's so cool you had a great semester abroad! What an amazing experience!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #3  
Losing it :)

S/C/G: 175/149.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Kate...good luck! Are you going to be on a specific diet & exercise plan?

That's awesome that you were in Spain. I miss living overseas!
shaykha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Kate!

I have a friend who just got back from a year abroad in Spain - seems like such a great experience!

Anyway - welcome! If you have a particular healthy weight loss plan in mind, we probably have a forum for it here, so look around and keep posting. We also have a 20-somethings area with at least one thread that addresses some of the particular issues of college students so you might want to check that out.

Keep posting...can't wait to hear more from you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

hiii! you guys are all so nice.

i'm thinking about doing the south beach diet, along with some good exercise of cardio and weight training. i don't want to do anything too drastic.
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote